The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Credits

mattshaheen

No thanks. It's bad for players and for the company's profits. It's like a "worst of both worlds" option - people sink real money into credits, buy up all of the rare and interesting things off of the GTN, and never bother spending on packs, because why would they? It's a lose-lose proposition.

I don't need to pay to win, I mostly play PvE, when you start on a new server for example I want to start with all achievements to zero for example. I would like to have credits so I can purchase my enancements for my weapons or purchase things in game. I have enough cartel coins to purchase anything I want as well. I don't believe in transfer character to a new server either.

My ideal is that on the cartel market we should have an option to purchase through our cartel coins a certain amount of credits, so we can use the credits in game.

Bad idea, because it puts new credits into the game economies. We have enough of that from in game sources now. One player using it would not be an issue, but multiply it by thousands and you have an unchecked supply of credits entering the game with no counterbalance credit sinks.

Besides... you can do this now by buying select items from the CM and turning around and selling them for credits on the GTN. That does not inflate the credit supply, and actually with the 6% sales fee.. it removes a bit.

You just have to study your servers economy and tastes a bit to see what sells best.

Edited by Andryah

Besides... you can do this now by buying select items from the CM and turning around and selling them for credits on the GTN. That does not inflate the credit supply, and actually with the 6% sales fee.. it removes a bit.

^ That.

You would not be creating an influx of credits "out of thin air" because the credits are already in the economy. It would be beneficial to you because you would be getting credits. And it would be beneficial to the person buying, who might not have enough CC to get a CM item but has enough credits to buy the item from you.