Unique vanilla sets on starting planets - previously npc only... But why BOP?!

Alec_Fortescue

I am a bit angry now. Vanilla set which I have always wanted to be available to players finally got released. However it is a reward from Tython quests which... I have already completed on my main toons. This applies to all classes. Everoyone got unique vanilla set but only newly created toons can access it. That's not cool. Please allow for a way for existing characters to get them or authorize cs to grant them retroactively to qualifying toons upon request.

This thread really belongs up in the suggestion forum, and with a rewrite to a constructive suggestion rather then a complaint.

They have been fairly responsive to suggestions to make gear more mobile within a legacy. However, they also have been more hesitant of late because they don't want players spamming new characters just to get items.

Given everything on the hate plate right now in the forums though... don't expect this to rise to a priority for quick action though.. unless it was a mistake and is easy to fix.

What's the planet quest? I'm sure I've probably done it, but worth a look.

All of them, Sportive. Literally all Tython quests grant you a unique armor set which replaced Aspiring Knight.

Get a life, weirdo.

SWTOR and Jedi robes is life.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I don't think they'd be willing. We already had start @ 65 to be legacy bound and ppl made toons just to get armor sets and then destroyed them. : /

They could make them BtL from a vendor as well though. It does not need to just be from the character quests. Or make them drop from the alliance crates much like the ones that were on the start at 60s.

Hmm... You know a lot of those planet quests and sidequests reset at some point... I wonder if the starter planet ones did too. Might pay to take a look and see if those quests are available to you now. I know a number of quests on DK that I've done have been reset. Not sure when they reset exactly, but sometime within the past year or two I guess.

Hmm... You know a lot of those planet quests and sidequests reset at some point... I wonder if the starter planet ones did too. Might pay to take a look and see if those quests are available to you now. I know a number of quests on DK that I've done have been reset. Not sure when they reset exactly, but sometime within the past year or two I guess.

I'll give it a go but they're also dropping from class quests. :l