Eternal Throne Lana Beniko Romance Question?

CortegaKnight

I've been pursuing a relationship with Lana Beniko since Shadow of Revan, and I recently finished Fallen Empire, and in that expansion I ended up getting into a relationship with her. I recently started Eternal Throne, and I'm now on Chapter 6, and it seems like I'm not getting as many flirt conversation options as I used to. I was wondering why this was, or if I did something wrong. I've talked to her in private a few times now in this new expansion and I've had MAYBE one flirt choice with her. The only other character I've flirted with was Empress Acina, can that have an effect on this?

• 2 weeks later...

To start off you should have gotten more than 1 flirt option in the KOTET expansion.

- Take a look at Lana's companion status: Press N and click on her tab, does it say you are in a romantic relationship with her?

That should be written on the check list under her portrait and influence bar.

- If not then u may have missed the romance lock option in chapter 9 of KOTFE, it happened to a lot of people. In the cantina there are two options with "I need to talk to one of you". You should pick the one with the flirt option. Even though you are technically looking at Theron, it is meant for all the romances, I think.

- If everything above checks out, then it could be that you stumbled on a bug on your end; there are a lot of people who have successfully romanced Lana in KOTET, so you will want to submit a ticket on this issue to see if they can fix it on their end.

Also flirting with Acina should have no impact whatsoever on ur locked romance option.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

Even though you are technically looking at Theron, it is meant for all the romances, I think.

Will people STOP saying this? The camera is looking at your character. Sure, it is looking from behind Theron, over his shoulder, but it is looking at your character. The confusion arises because you *were* talking to Theron just before the choice is displayed, but the camera is looking at *you*, not at Theron.

And yes, when presented with:

1. I want to talk with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to talk with one of you.

You pick 2, because it really means:

2. [Flirt] I want to flirt / get my rocks off (delete as appropriate) with one of you.

If you only get:

And no option 2, then I'm sorry to have to tell you that you have fallen victim to the "Patched During KotFE" bug, and your character is screwed because he/she is not screwed, if you see what I mean.

Will people STOP saying this? The camera is looking at your character. Sure, it is looking from behind Theron, over his shoulder, but it is looking at your character. The confusion arises because you *were* talking to Theron just before the choice is displayed, but the camera is looking at *you*, not at Theron.

And yes, when presented with:

You pick 2, because it really means:

2. [Flirt] I want to flirt / get my rocks off (delete as appropriate) with one of you.

If you only get:

And no option 2, then I'm sorry to have to tell you that you have fallen victim to the "Patched During KotFE" bug, and your character is screwed because he/she is not screwed, if you see what I mean.

The sad part is, the line is "I want to flirt with one of you" <---ONE OF YOU

The line is not "I want to flirt with Theron"

So basic reading skills would have everyone know it's not at Theron, but rather at one of them. :p

The sad part is, the line is "I want to flirt with one of you" <---ONE OF YOU

The line is not "I want to flirt with Theron"

So basic reading skills would have everyone know it's not at Theron, but rather at one of them. :p

Indeed. Unless people are just flying through conversations and not reading before they click, I don't understand how any confusion even happened here. Even if they did make a mistake, there's this thing called the ESC key that lets you back out of a conversation.

• 2 months later...

See I don't remember a line saying "I want to flirt with one of you". I do remember there being a flirt option and the camera was facing Theron, I just cannot remember at what point and it was Lana I wanted to. I had two characters go through this and finally I decided to look this up after seeing how well the Vette romance progressed.

I've tried replaying Chapter 9, but I don't see that option anymore. My character automatically says "I want to talk to one of you" and when I choose Lana, I get the same conversation options I got last time, which is the same ones as all of my characters get. None are flirts.

See I don't remember a line saying "I want to flirt with one of you". I do remember there being a flirt option and the camera was facing Theron, I just cannot remember at what point and it was Lana I wanted to. I had two characters go through this and finally I decided to look this up after seeing how well the Vette romance progressed.

I've tried replaying Chapter 9, but I don't see that option anymore. My character automatically says "I want to talk to one of you" and when I choose Lana, I get the same conversation options I got last time, which is the same ones as all of my characters get. None are flirts.

From my understanding replaying a chapter, after you have finished it, will not change the decision you made in previous chapters.

The line I got was I want to flirt with you and since I was on my smuggler it was Koth I wanted to talk to and I took the option as to me the camera did not seem to be favoring any of the companions but seem to be looking at my character.

From my understanding replaying a chapter, after you have finished it, will not change the decision you made in previous chapters.

The line I got was I want to flirt with you and since I was on my smuggler it was Koth I wanted to talk to and I took the option as to me the camera did not seem to be favoring any of the companions but seem to be looking at my character.

Actually I got lucky cause my first play through of KOTFE I missed the Lana romance, but I came back on Veteran and for some reason all my decisions were reset and I got every flirt chance I could then I got the romance option in chapter 9, so F yeah. I got a second chance with my JK,

The line was NEVER "I want to flirt with one of you". It was always:

That is, the same text in both options, with or without the [Flirt] tag. But the second one *means* "I want to flirt with one of you." There is a reasonable (sort of, well I think it's reasonable because I did it one time) interpretation of the second line as meaning "I want to flirt with Theron then talk with one of you."

The whole sequence is badly designed, and the software states are bugged as well.

Actually I got lucky cause my first play through of KOTFE I missed the Lana romance, but I came back on Veteran and for some reason all my decisions were reset and I got every flirt chance I could then I got the romance option in chapter 9, so F yeah. I got a second chance with my JK,

Did it stick after you finished the chapter?

Did you just do chapter 9 or did you have to go through all of KOTFE on veteran mode?

Umm chapter 9 doesn't have a veteran setting. I just did chapters 1-8 on veteran then redid chapter 9 and it gave me the romance. Currently has my JK listed as in a relationship with Lana.

Bazinga. Again, probably a bug or a glitch, but I'm not going to complain.

I'm going to have to try doing Chapters 1-8 on veteran with those characters sometime in the future. At least one of them anyway. Otherwise they'll just have to move on because I was still under the impression they were still romancing Lana despite nothing happening from chapter 9 KotFE all the way to the end of KotET. :(

Yep, soon as I finished chapter 9, in a relationship with Lana. Tickled I am.

Excellent! I'm going to try veteran mode with my assassin! :D

Thanks for letting us know... There's hope for us yet!

By the way, did you do chapters 1-9 continuously or did you log out at any point?

Excellent! I'm going to try veteran mode with my assassin! :D

Thanks for letting us know... There's hope for us yet!

By the way, did you do chapters 1-9 continuously or did you log out at any point?

I logged out, didn't do it all on a slog. But I did have the flirt options appear. If they do, DO EVERY SINGLE ONE!

I logged out, didn't do it all on a slog. But I did have the flirt options appear. If they do, DO EVERY SINGLE ONE!

Unfortunately I noticed (as probably many others also did) that my romance options with Lana were gone in the middle of the KOTET expansion on regular story mode.. :confused:

Did you finish both the KOTFE and KOTET expansion without romancing, or just the KOTFE?

If this turns out to work regardless of how far in you are in the last expansion I would be forever grateful :p

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just going to presume that Lana and my SW continue their relationship in private since bug reports/comments on their Facebook page aren't likely to change anything and I'm not planning to run through 1-8 in a single sitting.

Plus, I can continue to rely on Youtube to come through for me.

4/3 Edit: Broke down and tried that this weekend. It did start the Lana romance but, as soon as I finished Chapter 9, the romance went away.

Quality software engineering there, Bioware.

Edited by Thepyrethatburns