Re-entry player has a question

Zelenka

I have a question, with the new addon you can make instant a level 65 character (that i can start direct with the new story). But i want start a new class story and then the addons storys. So have i any disadvantages with items, gears etc, or if i reach level 65, i'm +/- on the same progress like the "instant Lv.65 character"?

Thanks.

If you start from level 1, you are bound to have FAR more credits at level 65 than a token-65-toon (my old 60 token started with 0 creds, is that still how 65s are born?). Also, your companions will have loads of influence from conversations during the class story, and you will probably have maxed out crew skills.

Please note that token-65-toons cannot play the original class story.

like reply above mine said? you start with a lot of disadvantages if you start with a token. you are far FAR better off if you level from lvl 1. you get to make all your own choices, get acess to titles etc. lvl 65 token is mainly for people who want to have a character at max level quicker. the one thing your lvl 65 token character gets is close to maxed (or maxed possibly, not sure) crew skills. which ones you get is predetermined by class - you don't get to pick, and you still need to buy ALL of the schematics. so... starting with no credits is not awesome. (gear you start with has semi unique looks, but its just about on par with regular quest rewards in terms of stats)

I recommend to start from the beginning because insta-60s and insta-65s cannot complete the class story so they're locked out of that part of the experience and the associated titles and achievements that contribute to Legendary status...not to mention the credit situation mentioned above.

I made a single insta 60 back in 4.0 for to try out a Merc Healer as another raiding toon and I can say I'm far less attached to him than ones that I went through the entire story with despite doing a lot of Ops runs on him.