5.0 Chapter I: Wrath and Ruin Companion/Quest Bug

Darth_Slashius

I have been having this issue for a few days now. I have opened a few tickets on this, and each time I was not really given a logical solution (none of them worked anyway).

So, I will post this here in the hopes that something can be done about it, either through a patch (if other people are experiencing this) or through personal assistance.

Here are my ticket reference numbers: 30381814, 30393717, 3040937 (this one has not been addressed and is still open as of this post. This ticket was also opened twice, because when I logged out and back in, I found that it had completely disappeared from tickets list - and I don't open tickets very often. This is the most amount of tickets I've ever opened, ever).

So, I will repeat what I had said in the latest ticket - the one I had to open twice for whatever reason.

I understand that things are hectic with the release of a new expansion, but this is my third (technically, fourth) ticket for the same issue, and the previous resolution that I was given was not a resolution at all. I was told that when I logged in, I would be beyond the point of progress where my previous ticket(s) explained I was stuck. Instead, when I logged in, I had been moved *backwards.*

Before, I was past the point where I had done the Walker portion of KOTET's Chapter I: Wrath and Ruin, and I was in the temple (Shrine of Healing), stuck after having killed dozens of enemies after having talked to Senya, but before actually reaching Arcann. I could not progress because the mission told me to talk to my companion, Theron Shan, who was nowhere to be found and I could not summon him, even after I restarted the quest, returned to fleet, and came back (I tried several combinations of this. None worked). Theron Shan does not even appear in my list of companions.

It was also suggested that I may be having this issue because my PC does not meet the minimum requirements to run SWTOR. Let me be as clear as I can - that is nowhere near the issue. I built my computer, and it far exceeds the minimum requirements to run SWTOR. Moreover, I completed this portion of the quest on a DIFFERENT character prior to the character that is stuck. My PC is not the issue, and I have not changed any settings between those characters (or any of my characters).

I'm trying to be as patient as I can, and I apologize if I come across as rude, but having to put in three (four) tickets about the same issue and it still not being resolved is a little more than frustrating to me. All I want is to progress through the game's content and get my character leveled in the process. Please, for the love of SWTOR, help me fix this.

Here are my computer specs in case anyone who sees this is curious. I snipped off the end since it is not relevant to my actual specs:

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/4/2016, 23:06:58

Machine name: PHANTOM-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.161007-0600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.

System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/26/14 16:48:57 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16282MB RAM

Page File: 7190MB used, 25370MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: /Silent

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Sound Tab 3: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 960

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_39673842&REV_A1

Display Memory: 4095 MB

Dedicated Memory: 3072 MB

Shared Memory: 1023 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: ASUS VN248

Monitor Id: ACI24C4

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 21.21.0013.7609 (English)

Driver Version: 21.21.13.7609

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/24/2016 15:54:04, 17440928 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5741-11CF-4B46-6A191BC2D835}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x1401

SubSys ID: 0x39673842

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Driver Strong Name: oem30.inf:NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section024:21.21.13.7609:pci\ven_10de&dev_1401

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Bumping this because it is absolutely ridiculous that this problem has not yet been addressed.

I know for a fact the OP has been a subscriber since Beta (as have I) and we've put up with a lot of crap we didn't have to because we love this game. We STILL subscribe. FIX. THIS. PROBLEM.

Edited by silvershadows

yep same for me too. Levelling Via latter chapters of KOTFE, but its boring going through all that content, again.

Edit: finished levelling (via chapters and planetary heroics) and started Wrath and Ruin again. Made some different conversational choices and I've made it through the whole chapter.

Still no idea as to what the issue is

Edited by Farquu

Later on in the chapters you need Theron again and he's still missing. So you'll get stuck again. Changing your choices won't fix it this time.

My light side toons are stuck on wraith and ruin. My dark side toons get stuck later on in the chapters.

I've had a ticket in since Saturday. The problem is when you skip to kotet a script runs and adds a bunch of companions to catch you up. The problem is Theron isn't one of them.

Later on in the chapters you need Theron again and he's still missing. So you'll get stuck again. Changing your choices won't fix it this time.

My light side toons are stuck on wraith and ruin. My dark side toons get stuck later on in the chapters.

I've had a ticket in since Saturday. The problem is when you skip to kotet a script runs and adds a bunch of companions to catch you up. The problem is Theron isn't one of them.

Does this still happen if you try to complete the story on a character that has completed all of KOTFE? I haven't done any of the new chapters for fear of this bug, but my characters have been through KOTFE and would not be skipping ahead.

Yep I had the Wrath and Ruin Issue a few days ago. Finished KOTET and started again - got past Wrath and Ruin (using some different conversational choices as well) But now in Dragons Maw(chapter 6) I require Theron again, and he's simply not there and not available to summon either

Edited by Farquu

Im having something similar except i cant even talk to senya the cutscence happens and i approach the doorway but no conversation happens. Ive done this with two toons and even restarted the whole mission on one and still stuck at the same spot with both characters.

Gg, Bioware. They haven't even put any of these issues in their "known bugs" thread.

This is really bad from BioWare side. They really cant blame my PC configuration or settings cause I have brand new gaming PC, playing all the games on ultra settings. I dont mention, they have problem with shadows, which arent working too... They dont even answer if they are working on it.

This is really bad from BioWare side. They really cant blame my PC configuration or settings cause I have brand new gaming PC, playing all the games on ultra settings. I dont mention, they have problem with shadows, which arent working too... They dont even answer if they are working on it.

There's a rumor that has been circulating for at least a year that Bioware does not really work during December. If it's true, it's embarrassing for a company claiming to maintain an MMORPG. If it's not true, it sure feels like it is.

So, at the very earliest (assuming the rumor *is* true), we probably won't see results until January.

However, I don't know how much stock I would put in this rumor unless you hear from someone who actually works there and has proof of it.

Regardless, this is pretty pitiful.

UPDATE: As of this post, I am in a live agent chat with someone from customer service about this issue.

UPDATE 2: He is accessing my account to try and resolve the issue. But he did try to tell me that it's probably my graphics again. No, it isn't. "Try lowering your graphics and playing in windowed mode." First of all, I always play in windowed mode. Secondly, my graphics drivers are up-to-date and my PC exceeds the requirements to run SWTOR (see OP). Third, just so I could say I tried, I *did* lower my graphics all the way down while in windowed mode (it was excruciating) and the bug persisted. Not my graphics.

Lastly (for now), I should have mentioned an idea a friend had to him (she posted on this thread earlier). If this bug is happening to people, check and see if it is on a character that has NOT completed the chapter of KOTFE (the expansion before this one) where they get that companion originally (in this case, Theron Shan - chapter 8/9). If that character has NOT completed those chapters, it's possible that the files are not registered for you in KOTET, which could be why you're not seeing him in your companions list and, therefore, cannot speak to him to further the quest.

So, if the issue is not resolved when I get my account back from customer service, I will try this. But I will say this: If people decide to skip KOTFE content (a lot of people do once they've seen it all the first time just so they can get to the new content and level), the files should automatically register and we should have access to all necessary companions from KOTFE so that we can progress in KOTET. This feels like a programming oversight on Bioware's end, because a lot of people get to max level without ever even touching story content, not to mention those people who use boosted characters and immediately start at KOTET.

End novel, for now.

UPDATE 3: I was given access to my account, and since the customer service guy took control of the character on which I am having this issue, he logged me out while I was IN the walker, which means he didn't even get far enough in the quest to actually see where the bug is occurring, and he tells me that everything seems fine and closes my tickets.

I'm speechless...

UPDATE 4: I went back and played chapters 8 and 9 of KOTFE. Theron Shan is still not in my list of companions. Therefore, I am still bugged in KOTET.

Edited by Darth_Slashius
Updating information

So here we are coming up on the weekend and this issue has still not been addressed. This highly frustrating, game-breaking issue. There has been no word from customer support, no actual help offered - only the reiteration of things that have been tried (lowering graphics) and have not worked. There has been no acknowledgement of this problem/bug in the 'known issues' thread, either.

That this is how loyal, long-term customers are treated is beyond incomprehensible. It is, quite frankly, morally reprehensible. We are paying for a service which is not being rendered. Worse, the blame for the issue is placed on the customer by an attempt to insinuate that his monster machine (a machine I have seen) doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the game - something which couldn't be any further from the truth.

Our love for Star Wars means we will put up with a lot in order to enjoy a gameplay experience that immerses us in that galaxy. But everyone has a line, a limit which, once crossed, will drive away even the most loyal of fans. We're getting a bit too close to that line for comfort.

Fix this problem, or at least acknowledge its existence and the simple fact that the onus is on you to fix it, not to shift blame onto the customer. Ignoring this problem is not going to make it go away - but it will make at least two monthly subscriptions go away.

So here we are coming up on the weekend and this issue has still not been addressed.

Oh, it was addressed, just poorly. Customer service guy didn't even take a look at the actual bug. They're not even trying.

Part of me wants to play through the chapter as far as I can while recording the whole thing, just so I can upload it with another ticket and be like, "TELL ME IT'S MY COMPUTER AGAIN! SAY IT!!"