Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

32 crates and not a single piece of set bonus gear

acidburncpt

This is exactly why Mass Effect 3 did not hold a multi-player base. Mass Effect 1-3 were totally cool games. The multiplayer sucked because of this same RNG loot system. I played for a few months, but when I realized that I wasn't ever going to get the one weapon I wanted out of the random boxes, I gave up and played something else. Overwatch uses a random box system, but it is all fun cosmetic stuff, as everyone's character is max stats at level 1. I can't even dream up an idea why Bioware thought it would be a good idea to use it in SWTOR. I took what they said about the box system coming for 5.0, that it would be like the DvL system, and thought that would be cool. It was fun working towards a free Cartel Market pack. I didn't realize it was going to be for all your gear, like in ME3. If I had known they were taking the raid gear vendors out, I would have already moved on from SWTOR, just like I moved on from ME3. The RNG system is very frustrating and no fun. You all will figure this out soon enough. But for now, have fun with the HOPE that you will get a full set of the gear you want with the stats you want on them. Maybe the next box you grind for will have that one piece your looking for. Or maybe the box after that one.. and so on and so on. They probably plan to put them on the Cartel Market so you can start buying command boxes... over and over and over again, just trying to get one set of entry level gear! Not going to happen with me. I'll be in WOW running raids to get my gear, like I should be doing right now in SWTOR. I would be jumping in on ops runs right now, but there is really no point in it. Edited by Otaktey
spelling error

Get another crate then.

I'm pretty sure I saw you say this same thing in another thread, and I have to ask, do you think you're solving anything? The system would work much better if players would just get tokens for every level or other level. The logic of get another crate, won't work if you keep opening them and not getting a set bonus piece. The RNG needs to be much better or removed entirely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.