The Eternal Fleet

LordDelectus

I love the starship side of Star Wars. Measuring strength and strategy of the navies of the galaxy.

I took a snapshot of the sky above Odessen during the final battle and just finished counting every little ship, which was said to be the ENTIRE Eternal Fleet.

The final number I countered was 919. I think this is slightly on the low side because there are 7 ships in low atmosphere and they do block my view of what I assume are more ships in the fleet that I could have seen at different angles, but I only had the one shot to work with.

Just thought I would share that nugget.

That... is downright impressive. I doubt I would've had the patience to count every last Eternal Fleet ship.

That being said, there's likely hundreds - possibly thousands - of other Eternal Fleet ships that we can't see from our vantage point on the ground (i.e. on the other side of the planet; you can't blockade a planet from only one direction after all). Even so, 919 ships that are immediately visible is a LOT. No wonder the Fleet crushed the Sith Empire and the Republic so quickly.