Can't start chapter one.

sevenseraphs

So I try to start chapter one and I hit the play button but during the cinematic the game will completely freeze up and I have to sign out of my computer to close the game, I Have tried to start it about 11 times and it always freezes but not always in the same spot. Any one else have this problem or know how to fix it? I have already tried resetting the chapter and it does nothing to help.

Try lowering all gfx settings ingame before trying the cinematic

Is this a Intel video card being used ?

I believe so. A 64 bit. But I know I had to delete files and change settings for the game (or else I would be forever stuck on the beginning planet). So do I need to reinstall because KotET needs those files or do I just need to wait for an update/maintenance?

This is happening to me too!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=903913

It makes me mad that i can't play the expansion. So many youtube thumbnails have already spoiled stuff for me and its aggravating. I'm not playing with the best setup ( a laptop) but I'm able to play anything else of the game, and successfully played through Makeb, SoR, Ziost, & KOTFE so i'd think that I could play through this one. I'm gonna keep scouring the internet for more solutions; best of luck to you.

This is happening to me too!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=903913

It makes me mad that i can't play the expansion. So many youtube thumbnails have already spoiled stuff for me and its aggravating. I'm not playing with the best setup ( a laptop) but I'm able to play anything else of the game, and successfully played through Makeb, SoR, Ziost, & KOTFE so i'd think that I could play through this one. I'm gonna keep scouring the internet for more solutions; best of luck to you.

Tell me about the YouTube thing. Ugh. I also use a laptop. Sure not the best thing but it works. I can't play KotFE Ch 2. Ch 14 was working fine though. I saw that lowing the graphics might help. Did that work for you? I tried that Intel scan. Got nothing.