The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Conflict - Match 1 - Round 1 - NullForce Collective VS Mando’ad Vod’saad

Silenceo

K has a good plan to deal with your planetary defense but truthful if I was him after I take down the planetary shield I would just land a Base Delta Zero on your planet.Make things so much easier.

Not really, if ships could actually stay out of range of the defenses it would totally defeat the purpose of having those defenses in the first place. It might take a little bit longer for the shots to get to his ships, allowing smaller ones to get out of the way, but he is quite in range of them. This is why I'm pairing off the ion cannons and hypervelocity guns as I am, the faster ion cannon blasts will be much harder to evade, and once hit, they are a sitting duck.

Moving the fleet and station into a low orbit will also mitigate this range factor.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, if ships could actually stay out of range of the defenses it would totally defeat the purpose of having those defenses in the first place. It might take a little bit longer for the shots to get to his ships, allowing smaller ones to get out of the way, but he is quite in range of them. This is why I'm pairing off the ion cannons and hypervelocity guns as I am, the faster ion cannon blasts will be much harder to evade, and once hit, they are a sitting duck.

Moving the fleet and station into a low orbit will also mitigate this range factor.

That's not what am talking about his plan was when your defense try to fire on them it will open up the shield for them which will allow ,Some Of K faster ships to get through the shield before its reapplied.

This is pretty much my assumptions as well. Most missiles I know of in the SW universe are self-guided, once it gets a target lock, it goes on it's own.

The issue with jamming is getting that lock.

Signal Analyzers: Due to their love of all things technical, members of the Collective as a whole understand communication systems better than most, allowing Collective forces to more easily slice into and monitor remote comm systems.

The application of this is that I can monitor MV comm traffic, and even listen in on some of it. This can give me some early warning of orders being delivered before ships actually start carrying them out.

More importantly though is it can allow me to trace back comm traffic to the source of the orders (in other words, Admiral Carrack and probably the flagship. I don't even need to decrypt it, just follow the signal). It would a simple matter then to focus fire on that ship, destroying it quite quickly.

I don't see how they can slice into the MV communications without a point of access. If the NF had someone inside the MV it would be different and perhaps feasible, but trying to slice in with no direct access would be impossible.

Agreed on the ship to ship assessment. Singularities can tank a lot of firepower but his fleet is much bigger, to move against it directly would be rather foolish, and why I'm taking the more defensive approach, making use of the battle station, planetary ion cannons and hypervelocity guns.

K already tried once to board a group of my stealth ships over Mandalore (was forced to self destruct them to prevent the tech from falling into his hands), so the NF navy is rather cautious now about boarders, and hence why Vibres take such a priority in my battle plan. For him to get boarders onto the battle station (let alone enough to actually take it) will be an uphill battle indeed.

The defensive approach requires moving that will pull the NF fleet into a more vulnerable position at the start of the battle which will help to amplify the MV commander's Master of Surprise trait. As well as allow the MV fleet to use it's long range weaponry with practical impunity.

The Vibres sensor masking, plus the jamming being used will help to make their boarding action possible. With sensors already going hectic and the fact that they are going in at a separate angle will help them to slip by the NF fleet and gain access to the station. Keeping in mind that my troops will be able to act in a perfectly capable marine role, which will help to boost their effectiveness once they board. Even if the NF did discover the mass of Vibres it would have to divert firepower to stop them which will allow the main fleet to hit them from behind, so to speak.

Also the MV using the planetary defense weapons to gain access to the shield. Fire once and 2400 stealthed elite pilots will be inside and gunning for the shield and weapons.

Well K has shown he is able to board your ships and stealth ships at that.With the current instance it will be easier for him to board the battle station, I say he should try to capture it but his best bet would be to just destroy it.

K has a good plan to deal with your planetary defense but truthful if I was him after I take down the planetary shield I would just land a Base Delta Zero on your planet.Make things so much easier.

The political ramifications of BDZ is rather high, and something that I would prefer to avoid, but it isn't completely ruled out. No matter what happens the NF isn't going to have a base on Myrkr by the end of this.

That's not what am talking about his plan was when your defense try to fire on them it will open up the shield for them which will allow ,Some Of K faster ships to get through the shield before its reapplied.

Planetary shields only need to open up small gaps to fire through, and can be reapplied very quickly. I have a hard time seeing anything significant getting through, especially since there are large shells and ion blasts also coming up through the same hole they are trying to get down into.

The issue with jamming is getting that lock.

Signal Analyzers: Due to their love of all things technical, members of the Collective as a whole understand communication systems better than most, allowing Collective forces to more easily slice into and monitor remote comm systems.

The application of this is that I can monitor MV comm traffic, and even listen in on some of it. This can give me some early warning of orders being delivered before ships actually start carrying them out.

More importantly though is it can allow me to trace back comm traffic to the source of the orders (in other words, Admiral Carrack and probably the flagship. I don't even need to decrypt it, just follow the signal). It would a simple matter then to focus fire on that ship, destroying it quite quickly.

I don't see how they can slice into the MV communications without a point of access. If the NF had someone inside the MV it would be different and perhaps feasible, but trying to slice in with no direct access would be impossible.

The defensive approach requires moving that will pull the NF fleet into a more vulnerable position at the start of the battle which will help to amplify the MV commander's Master of Surprise trait. As well as allow the MV fleet to use it's long range weaponry with practical impunity.

The Vibres sensor masking, plus the jamming being used will help to make their boarding action possible. With sensors already going hectic and the fact that they are going in at a separate angle will help them to slip by the NF fleet and gain access to the station. Keeping in mind that my troops will be able to act in a perfectly capable marine role, which will help to boost their effectiveness once they board. Even if the NF did discover the mass of Vibres it would have to divert firepower to stop them which will allow the main fleet to hit them from behind, so to speak.

Also the MV using the planetary defense weapons to gain access to the shield. Fire once and 2400 stealthed elite pilots will be inside and gunning for the shield and weapons.

The political ramifications of BDZ is rather high, and something that I would prefer to avoid, but it isn't completely ruled out. No matter what happens the NF isn't going to have a base on Myrkr by the end of this.

Targetting sensors are not based on communications technology, There is no effect.

The access point is the communications system itself. Think a router in RL. I don't need to physically be at the router to hack into it.

Or to use a recent example from Star Wars Rebels, when the Empire intercepted the distress call from that punk kid whose name escapes me. They did not have a physical access point.

And it is hardly a more vulnerable position, it allows better overlap of more defenses. And that position has nothing to do with Master of Surprise, you'll have to explain that logic further.

As already noted, your jamming is useless, and sensor masks aren't cloaking generators, they are useful at sneaking up on unsuspecting ships but there is nothing sneaky going on here, I can detect and shoot them just fine

As for getting in through the hole in the shield, that isn't as easy as you think it is. These holes are very small, and with the position of the battle station and fleet, will be very close to a whole lot of firepower that will have something to say about it. And I've already proven over Dathomir that I can detect your fancy stealth ships.

Edited by MadDutchman

Well it would be the best worst case scenario. Especially with how powerful the

YAIC is knocking the largest one of myrkr will help out not to mentioned destroying their access to force destoryers.Am looking forward to the ground battel might have to go with Dutch their he can pull some cool stuff planet side if played right.

Battle of Myrkr Casualties

MV

2 Reaper-II

1Nebula

5 Reaper-I

15 Harbinger

10 Providence Destroyer

100 Terminus

10 Majestic

2 Namana

100 Tartan

50 Pummeler

1 Inquisitor

100 ASR-1

2,000 Vibre

300 ASR-S

E-wing: 1,952

Scimitar: 264

IF-11: 5,272

Y-wing: 3,000

VF-30: 400

TIE Defender: 2,600

NF

2 Singularity

980 Lancer-DB

506 Pocket Carrier

10 Star Galleon Landers

300 MC30-DB

100 MC30-S

17 Spike

15,000 Ripper

13,250 K-DB Wing

Damaged

MV:

2 Galleas

5 Reaper-II

20 Reaper-I

100 Harbinger

200 Pummeler

200 Tartan

1,000 Vibre

3 Inquisitor

NF:

Station (Disabled)

3 Ion Cannons (disabled by damage)

3 Hypervelocity guns (disabled by damage)

58 MC30-S (disabled)

Winner:

MV

Effect of mines:

Most MV ships were able to avoid the mines due to the placement of the mines taking longer without the NF tactician present, and their placement was not as effective. Those that were caught, were able to quickly get by them. It allowed the NF minor warning though, allowing them to head for the station sooner than the MV arrival.

• 2 weeks later...

Let the fun begin...again. :p

Space Station Myrkr

Forces

2,000 Vibres

480,000 Mandalorians

50,000 Heavy

Potential other forces in space if need be

Strategy

The battle will be made up of two main groups of boarding parties: diversionary and assault. Diversionary groups will be deployed with Vibre support into the easy access areas, aka hangars, docking bays, etc. The assault groups will be deployed near key areas like command centers, reactors, and other important systems, with the goal of taking control of the main systems of the station.

After the initial phase additional groups will be deployed in specifically selected areas of the station to add to the chaos. The goal then becomes sweeping the station and making sure it is clear of hostiles. Internal damage of the station is expected, attempts will be made to keep external to a minimum, but if the need arises the fleet will fire targeted low power shots to open up areas to knock hostiles into space.

Edited by karadron

Anyone want to throw a quick briefing my way of what has happened so far and what is going on? I feel so lost coming in this late...

Though in a brief overview of the factions in general, my impression is that the NF was built around countering a threat they're not facing (namely force-users).

K's force really needs to adapt to the Vong tech, limit the effect of the NF's surprises, and use its diversity (especially in regards to that fleet) to maximize its effect.

The NF needs to, inversely, make full effect of their bag of tricks and keep the MV on the wrong foot.

Up to now (from what I've seen) both have been working to some extent on each of these, but I really am lost at this point so I'd need more info if i wanted to intelligently comment any further.

Anyone want to throw a quick briefing my way of what has happened so far and what is going on? I feel so lost coming in this late...

Though in a brief overview of the factions in general, my impression is that the NF was built around countering a threat they're not facing (namely force-users).

K's force really needs to adapt to the Vong tech, limit the effect of the NF's surprises, and use its diversity (especially in regards to that fleet) to maximize its effect.

The NF needs to, inversely, make full effect of their bag of tricks and keep the MV on the wrong foot.

Up to now (from what I've seen) both have been working to some extent on each of these, but I really am lost at this point so I'd need more info if i wanted to intelligently comment any further.

Quick Summary:

NF bombed Mandalore using stealthy ram ships. Diplomatic insults were thrown around. NF landed troops on Dathomir, MV landed troops on Mandalore. NF declared war on MV over Dathomir and insulting. MV attacked Myrkr.

Quick Summary:

NF bombed Mandalore using stealthy ram ships. Diplomatic insults were thrown around. NF landed troops on Dathomir, MV landed troops on Mandalore. NF declared war on MV over Dathomir and insulting. MV attacked Myrkr.

Well, y'alls diplomacy sucks :p

Also, sup K it's been a while!

On topic in total how many troops do you still have above Myrkr.I say you sent just under half a million regular mando to the station so that lead me to believe you have maybe 1.1 or 1.2 million left.

Also do you have a plan for getting past the planetary shield?

Edited by Jarons