can't FULLY quit the game

thorrnnn

for the last 3-4 nights every time I log out I'm stuck with black screen from the game not fully closing. tonight I tried leaving it run and not shut it down by turning off my pc like the other nights. still had the black screen running AFTER 45mins. any suggestions?

Yes enough now. This is silly. 5.0b is to fix your game so we can close it properly. Fix the shadow optimizing in game that was suppose to "cost less." Fix the stuttering, flashes, etc.

5.0b is not about more fixes to Cartel stuff or CXP or if Shae Vizla should be allowed to wear the slave outfit. FIX YOUR GAME!!! Seriously Bioware please prioritize. You'd really rather fix CXP before fixing how people actually get in, play and get out of your game? Think about it please. You're putting the cart before the horse here. I've changed my mind. Forget the DvL achievements for now. :confused: Well, do that too but after.

I'm not unsubbing. I'm far from it but please do the right things here. :(

This is so annoying, running Win 10, never had any problems (b-sides the Arcann fight), now I can't fully exit the game, just hangs - launched task manager but unable to set the window to focus. I am able to sign out and then sign back in, but sheesh...its annoying...

I've had this once or twice, now when it happens, I alt/tab out of game, open task manager, find this game, right click, end task.

Yep yep.

Mine does not hang on closing all the time, but it does it randomly it seems. No idea what the client is doing.... but the mouse pointer goes into the "circle" mode indicating it is doing something silly.

I've seen people reporting it on Win 7, Win 8, and Win 10, so it does not appear to be OS specific.

Client has some sort of coding bug in it. Everyone should bug report it, but for now it is easy to work around.

I'm going to try to day just quitting via the red X up in the upper right hand corner, and see if that works. :cool:

Oh yes, this! Definitively having the same problem here, since patch 5.0.

I can alt+tab the game when it's running, but as soon as I quit, it's freeze/black screen of doom; and I can tell the rest is running, because as someone said, I can still bring up task manager or use windows key to bring up menu.... problem is, black screen always stays on top, rendering every effort useless in the end, aside the reboot.

Today had kind of the same issue with Mass Effect 2, had a crash and then endless black screen; I'm guessing it could be some sort of conflicts between origin games and the newest nvidia drivers, same technology maybe? No idea, I do know it doesn't happen with any other game I own.

Pretty please take this problem into some consideration!

Techie stuff: running Windows 10, on a GeForce GTX 760, latest drivers (currently 376.09), everything up to date.

Edited by NayraEvhren

for the last 3-4 nights every time I log out I'm stuck with black screen from the game not fully closing. tonight I tried leaving it run and not shut it down by turning off my pc like the other nights. still had the black screen running AFTER 45mins. any suggestions?

Well i have thesame problem when i quit the game the games crashes, and nowi ts allways before .0a patch its was regulary now its allways chrashing

I'm on Win7 and the game isn't closing down like it used to. Since 5.0, I'm able to click the usual quit game but then the screen just hangs there until I shut it down from the task manager. I've already powercycled and made sure all my graphics updates are current but still no change.

When I first started playing five years ago I had the problem of the game freezing when I would quit directly from the character I was playing. My only workaround was to log off the character first and then quit the game from the character select screen. Since 5.0 was released, logging off first and then quitting leaves the game in a frozen state with a black screen. I can't even seem to quit the game from Task Manager as the window doesn't even open. Even trying to close the program from the taskbar doesn't work. My only option is to restart my computer. I hope this is fixed soon.

Windows 10. Nvidia