There are no grade 10 scavenging or slicing nodes at all in 5.0

ForjKlahaa

You said that grade 10 mats could be farmed alongside the old grade 9 mats. This is true for biochem and archeology but not for scavenging and slicing. In Breaktown and Darvannis where these nodes should reside, there are grade 9 only. Slicing nodes I can live without for now but I suppose I need to take a scavenger through KOTET to get grade 10 mats from droids? I'm not really ready to do the whole story again and it's not really fair when i can get crystal and bio mats easily in the swamp.

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong and they do exist but there is a lot of competition for them that I happened to go when there were none left on the map.

Edited by ForjKlahaa

In the Zakuul swamp, there were for my Bioanalyst about 1/3 the L 10s as there were L9s, and I might be overstating it.

edit: I was in a PvP instance, too.

There should be L10s on Darvannis.

And give us access to Iokath and L10 hunting ASAP.

Edited by AnisaBadgett

OK so I went back and there were some grade 10 mats but they were few and far between and being snapped up really quickly. Farming them was a real nightmare. I guess I'll have to stay up really late one night and try again. It's also really annoying having to mouse over every node on the map to see if it's the grade you want . I wish there were dedicated grade 10 areas.

Breaktown has scavenging and slicing nodes Grade 9 & 10

The swamp has bio & arch nodes both grade 9 & 10

I didn't check Darvannis and don't remember seeing it in the patch notes , the notes did state zakuul had grade 10

I see lots of people cherry picking the grade 10 nodes and just leaving the grade 9 nodes.

There is the problem . The nodes can spawn either a grade 10 or 9 , so if you pick them all , and go back a few mins later it could be either a 9 or 10 . So just remember just because it is a grade 9 node now the next or times after it spawns it could just as easily be a grade 10.

Edited by bucketloader

The problem is, and has been with previous patches, everyone ignores the T9 nodes. It can't spawn a T10 if a T9 is still sitting there. It happens with Bio and Archeology nodes as well... People run around and just grab the 10s, eventually all will be 9s unless someone is clearing them out.

If people want more t10 nodes to spawn, they have to clear the T9s as well...

It would be better if we had dedicated areas to farm, but we don't... that is a different issue....

I had expected that I'd find some while doing the new chapters. I'm a scavenger and none of the strong droids can be scavenged. Here I am wandering around a dead/decaying Dyson sphere with robots everywhere and nothing the scavenge? This should have been a dream location.

I know I salvaged some around chapter 7 ish where your heading to the odessan base in a walker , yes you can salvage while in the walker :-) Think there was a few other places , though as you say not a lot of them compared to the amount of droids around.

I guess its only kind of fair as there is no arch,bio slicing nodes around either in the story.