Please make the level 65 boost armor bind on legacy

strallart

• 4 months later...
Instant 60 armor sets used to be BtL but lots of players abused the situation. So BW won't do that again.

Easy fix, just make them not sell for credits, like any Cartel item. As of now, boosted characters are 100% useless. A story driven game that prevents you from playing the story? I wasted my first boost when I realized I couldn't do the class quests and deleted him, and I'm sitting on the second not using it because the only reason I would possibly want to make that character is for the gear, and I can neither send that gear to my main, nor play the boosted character because half of the gameplay is forcibly blocked from him.

Easy fix, just make them not sell for credits, like any Cartel item. As of now, boosted characters are 100% useless. A story driven game that prevents you from playing the story? I wasted my first boost when I realized I couldn't do the class quests and deleted him, and I'm sitting on the second not using it because the only reason I would possibly want to make that character is for the gear, and I can neither send that gear to my main, nor play the boosted character because half of the gameplay is forcibly blocked from him.

They weren't selling them for credits. They were repeatedly creating and destroying new characters for all the armor types. So much so it put a strain on the database resources.

They weren't selling them for credits. They were repeatedly creating and destroying new characters for all the armor types. So much so it put a strain on the database resources.

Then make the tokens non-refundable to prevent the abuse? Place a few warnings during character creation and voila.

Then make the tokens non-refundable to prevent the abuse? Place a few warnings during character creation and voila.

They are non refundable. When you delete the character character​ you just get the option to make another one, it doesn't refund the token back to inventory just allows you to create another character.

The only exception is if you complete a mission or crew skill do you loose out.

Also what your asking would punish those who do create their character incorrectly and want to do it differently

We all understanding sound reason, and we all wanted those armors to stay legacy bound, but Bioware doesn't deal in sound reasoning, only extremes.

They are non refundable. When you delete the character character​ you just get the option to make another one, it doesn't refund the token back to inventory just allows you to create another character.

The only exception is if you complete a mission or crew skill do you loose out.

Also what your asking would punish those who do create their character incorrectly and want to do it differently

How about this crazy idea, create a character, the items on that character are bound (completely, not just legacy) until X criteria is met, at which time deleting the character does not "refund" the boost. (I never meant refunding the purchase). I don't care what X criteria is, whether it's completing the character, completing a mission, or maybe even just sending mail (this way you can send the boosted gear immediately, but doing so prevents you from remaking your boosted character). You can nitpick at my solutions more if you want, but there's definitely better ways to fight the exploit than the blanket solution they've provided.

We all understanding sound reason, and we all wanted those armors to stay legacy bound, but Bioware doesn't deal in sound reasoning, only extremes.

Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I'm hoping they'll come around.