Assassin stance broken

Deaconik

Didn't find it in the 5 pages I went through, didn't find it in search, don't see it in known bugs.

RIght now assassin stance looks broken. Not sure if this applies in general but I would say that yes considering the numbers I was outputting in exp. gear(NOT SET GEAR) compared to my sentinel(I know sentinel better).

As it looks assassin;'s stance is doubled. It can be nicely seen for assassin tank - 121 % accuracy(should be 111), + 30 % to shield chance(Should be + 15) and the armor is just... wrong.

I didn't check my shadow but my guess is they're broken too. As they're mirror classes. Unless you are somehow weird.

SHould be fixed ASAP. That says a person who's second most loved character is assassin in tnak.

OK, same numbers on my shadow tank.

Also, when I use Mind Maze on somethign I get Martial Prowess but I do NOT have the utility. I have the Avenging Grip. (level 69)

Not sure if this happens on Assassin, didn't try.

Edit> same for assassins!!!! I have a free utility from legendary?! I do not have it specced, I have longer shroud and reflect!

Edited by Deaconik

And again me, I know you guys don;'t like Star Parse. But yesterday I tanked Tuchuk. From 1400 attacks he did I deflected 700. So from the next 700 attacks I, wait for it, shielded 37 %. To the previously cited numbers, this is simply WRONG. So, without dark charge bonus I have 20 + 18 % from dark ward. Which is that 37 % SP claims. 700 attacks is actually pretty good number., Also, if I have lightning charge as my passive in abilities says Insulation gives me MORE ARMOR!!!!

It would be nice to see that someone read this thread!

Shadows/Assassins are simply broken.

Edit>

http://parsely.io/parser/view/217311

Here's a parse with just 32 % shield chance(one random I found). This is insanely low and the number of attacks is actually reasonable to consider this statistically worth.

I know I forget or had depleted the dark ward so 32 % appears right if the stance is broken.

Another discussion about this is in Shadow/Assassin CLass thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=903387

Edited by Deaconik

Assassin tank is bugged, it is receiving a lot armor rating and shield chance. If you respec and then return to tank the numbers return to normal, but when you relog the bug returns. Another thing tanks are not supposed to have 30% aoe damage reduction, its the same thing as a defensive cooldown turned on all the time, this need to be fixed asap.

Assassin tank is bugged, it is receiving a lot armor rating and shield chance. If you respec and then return to tank the numbers return to normal, but when you relog the bug returns. Another thing tanks are not supposed to have 30% aoe damage reduction, its the same thing as a defensive cooldown turned on all the time, this need to be fixed asap.

I won't be respecing all the time. I reported the bug, I PMed Tait. This is their problem

That parse surely looks strange. 52% defense is a little excessive. At the same time shield is way too low. And the 2.5% dmg from lightning charge are just hilarious :D

Defense is low, since sins should sit at 30..35 baseline defense + 5% from discharge + 25% because vast majority of NPCs (including bosses) only have 75% accuracy.

@OP: Haven't tested on bosses, but short test on gship with guildie gave shielding similar to expected: https://i.imgur.com/zvRrimv.png -- 86.8% compared to ~87% in character sheet (2.2k rating and 186 set). Maybe it bugs with changing specs?

I rolled a new Assassin tank this this afternoon, and now I'm finding that I lost my passive stance when I reached the level where Dark Charge should have replaced Lightning Charge. Logging out and then logging back in didn't reset it. I'm yet to get to Fleet, but I'll try changing my spec at the Skill Vendor when I get there and see if that undoes this. For the moment, my Discharge attack is simply unusable. My staff isn't charged, and we no longer have a button to activate a charge. Edited by Allegos

• 2 weeks later...
I rolled a new Assassin tank this this afternoon, and now I'm finding that I lost my passive stance when I reached the level where Dark Charge should have replaced Lightning Charge. Logging out and then logging back in didn't reset it. I'm yet to get to Fleet, but I'll try changing my spec at the Skill Vendor when I get there and see if that undoes this. For the moment, my Discharge attack is simply unusable. My staff isn't charged, and we no longer have a button to activate a charge.

This just happened to me, too. Very annoying.

Edit: So, you lose Lightning Charge and gain Dark Charge at level 12. Discharge becomes unusable. Then, at 16 when you get Torment, Discharge becomes usable again. This is ... poor design? intentional? very odd.

Edited by Caulderone