So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

He seems conscious when he's there and he is definitely conscious when Senya first rescued him. Plus, a Voss healer can actually tell Imperial Agents who volunteer for a healing ritual in their class story, that they cannot be healed if they reject what she is telling them. So that basis, it stands to reason he was probably a willing participant. Edited by OldVengeance

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems conscious when he's there and he is definitely conscious when Senya first rescued him. Plus, a Voss healer can actually tell Imperial Agents who volunteer for a healing ritual in their class story, that they cannot be healed if they reject she is telling them. So that basis, it stands to reason he was probably a willing participant.

What if the Jedi wiped Vaylin's mind, then took her to Voss?

I'd say you're really reaching at this point, but the Jedi mind wipe was only temporary. And I think it only worked because Revan's mind way already damaged by Malak's attack. Either way, he was on the brink of death when Bastila's strike team took him in. There's also the question of whether the few remaining Jedi in the Alliance even know how to do it.

It's all moot anyway, though. Because there was almost certainly no way to subdue Vaylin without killing her. Certainly not in such a way that would let you mindwipe her.

Edited by OldVengeance

There's also the question of whether the few remaining Jedi in the Alliance even know how to do it.

Yeah, the ritual/technique doesn't really seem like something that the jedi would advocate to pass down or be used again. Hell, wasn't there a mention of it in the Revan book, where he lamented that knowledge of it being used on him had almost turned him back to the dark side or somthing?

I'd say you're really reaching at this point, but the Jedi mind wipe was only temporary. And I think it only worked because Revan's mind way already damaged by Malak's attack. Either way, he was on the brink of death when Bastila's strike team took him in. There's also the question of whether the few remaining Jedi in the Alliance even know how to do it.

It's all moot anyway, though. Because there was almost certainly no way to subdue Vaylin without killing her. Certainly not in such a way that would let you mindwipe her.

What about the Sith equivalent? Assuming they have something similar.

Stab/shoot her in the leg? Force push her off the platform? Plenty of non lethal methods out there.

Stab/shoot her in the leg? Force push her off the platform? Plenty of non lethal methods out there.

Knocking her out would have been preferable, even if she took half the base with her. I'm more than happy to sacrifice people like Koth, Lana, C2-N2 and Arcann to save Vaylin.

Pretty please Bioware, I'll even be tempted to give you some $$$

Edited by NayntaLot

The former probably isn't enough to stop her and the latter would probably be fatal.

Arcann would disagree with you after that fall on the Asylum.

Happy New Year All

!! 2017 !!

Vaylin companion please. :p

Edited by NayntaLot

Arcann would disagree with you after that fall on the Asylum.

Happy New Year All

!! 2017 !!

Vaylin companion please. :p

If we assume she's not too hurt to use the Force to cushion her fall, then she would have escaped. If we assume she is, then she would have died.

I was thinking more along the lines of just paying for it, but I suppose this would work too.

The monthly subscription rewards might help Bioware/EA in the long run. People might resub for Vaylin as a genocidal companion or Vaylin's bike? Maybe even Vaylin's Lightsaber hilt?

The monthly subscription rewards might help Bioware/EA in the long run. People might resub for Vaylin as a genocidal companion or Vaylin's bike? Maybe even Vaylin's Lightsaber hilt?

Sorry, Vaylin's bike? For what? :csw_bike: it seemed to me that with the mounts at BW's all ok in this game.

In addition to the Vaylin, it is better to add more diverse content for different groups of interests of the players, continue the story of our character, more fun, more varied events, the ability to call not one, but two companions. it would be better

Edited by UghkoffR

Sorry, Vaylin's bike? For what? :csw_bike: it seemed to me that with the mounts at BW's all ok in this game.

In addition to the Vaylin, it is better to add more diverse content for different groups of interests of the players, continue the story of our character, more fun, more varied events, the ability to call not one, but two companions. it would be better

The bike she throws at Arcann looks cool ... I want it! (now it'll end up in a pack :mad:)

Multiple companions out at once would be cool, but first we need to save Vaylin :p

Lol wasn't even thinking of a Vaylin companion. However, I wouldn't turn her down XD I just wanted to help her. Show her another path and free her.

Me too. :( We shouldn't have even been able to bring her down in Chapter 8 anyway. She just unlocked her full potential the previous chapter. She should have sent us flying like a ragdoll.