The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

STAR WARS Discussion - NOT SWTOR Discussion

Saregon

"But I'm a sub and I'll do whatever I dang well please!"

It would help if we could get these threads moved out of this subforum and into the Game Discussion subforum. They seem to have stopped doing that recently.

Edited by dr_mike

"But I'm a sub and I'll do whatever I dang well please!"

It would help if we could get these threads moved out of this subforum and into the Game Discussion subforum. They seem to have stopped doing that recently.

I don't think the mods come in here anymore at all.

I don't think the forums even had mods to begin with.

We had someone whacking away at the affiliate link spammers and I;ve seen the forums hacked twice in the past. Someone had been paying attention.

Did you just go through and bump all the non-gameplay related threads you could find to knock the SWTOR ones off of the front page? Nice work.

Was actually wondering about that. We have a bot operating here that grabs keywords from posts in the thread, changing the order, reposting the content and it appears to be coming back and adding in affiliate links a couple of days later. Was wondering if that was another run to set up a large series of those.

Edited by dr_mike

We had someone whacking away at the affiliate link spammers and I;ve seen the forums hacked twice in the past. Someone had been paying attention.

And a quick looksee shows a certain recent thread here in this subforum has disappeared, someone's around.

At the risk of stating the obvious, swtor is part of star wars, therefore can be discussed here

This sticky was provided by the staff. Maybe taking a second and reviewing it would be a good idea - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=85

Usually reviewing stickies on a forum is a good idea. That way you don't get into any sort of trouble with the folks who run the forums.

Edited by dr_mike

At the risk of stating the obvious, swtor is part of star wars, therefore can be discussed here

Yes swtor lore is apart of star wars not bugs and why I think the game going to fail threads.If you open a discussion swtor character that's fine.

Straight from the sticky...

This forum exists so that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community members can discuss the larger STAR WARS galaxy, including the movies, books, comics, and other video games.

Emphasized the keyword. :rod_grin_g:

Was actually wondering about that. We have a bot operating here that grabs keywords from posts in the thread, changing the order, reposting the content and it appears to be coming back and adding in affiliate links a couple of days later. Was wondering if that was another run to set up a large series of those.

Nope mate, I'm not a bot, just got tired of seeing the whole front page hi-jacked, - didn't enjoy the report tho:(

even if I'm used to it but most from grievers that can't handle a challenge;) but got to say I enjoy you're correct handling of things...

It's quite refreshing:D

Edited by t-darko

• 1 month later...
Would be nice if we could just get them to move the misposts into the right area so you didn't have to do that.

I totally agree, these mispost is just a display of unawareness of how the forums work. If you're a first time poster it is a honest mistake to post your grievance on a Star Wars discussion forum since it all is Star Wars, -right!?

So at some point we probably should be glad that there are people finding their way to the forums. Think you're doing good work directing them;)