When redoing the chapters, can I change the end of KOTET?

drakodark

When I was doing the new expansion of the game, I chose to free the father of valkorion, but in the final fight it is impossible to fight with vaylin in hand to hand, and in remaking episode 7 and ending it, the game will not let me go For the next chapters and I finish unlogged and when I enter I only get the reward and the next episode disappears.

The fight against vaylin and impossible to do, at least for me, I can not inflict any damage, and if I get a 10 second in it already I lose more than half of life, so I want to redo episode 7 and use the father of valkorion As companion.

Edited by drakodark

When I was doing the new expansion of the game, I chose to free the father of valkorion, but in the final fight it is impossible to fight with vaylin in hand to hand, and in remaking episode 7 and ending it, the game will not let me go For the next chapters and I finish unlogged and when I enter I only get the reward and the next episode disappears.

The fight against vaylin and impossible to do, at least for me, I can not inflict any damage, and if I get a 10 second in it already I lose more than half of life, so I want to redo episode 7 and use the father of valkorion As companion.

Your first choice sticks I'm afraid.

Are you using the healing pickups in the Vaylin fight? I almost died before I noticed they were there.

You also have to stay in the purple circle whilst you attack. All other damage you do is reflected.

Edited by Jimthepocket

You also have to stay in the purple circle whilst you attack. All other damage you do is reflected.

I didn't know that, and it would explain why my sniper was getting hosed until Vaylin was right on top of me. Years of gaming has taught me to "Stay Out Of Stupid" so I kept backing away from her and her stupid purple circle.

I didn't know that, and it would explain why my sniper was getting hosed until Vaylin was right on top of me. Years of gaming has taught me to "Stay Out Of Stupid" so I kept backing away from her and her stupid purple circle.

Years of gaming lesson two: when being beat to a pulp and not knowing why, read the tooltips for the buffs on the boss or debuffs on you.

Years of gaming lesson two: when being beat to a pulp and not knowing why, read the tooltips for the buffs on the boss or debuffs on you.

Yep. Haven't really needed to do that in SWTOR (I don't raid, I'm a "filthy casual" who spends hundreds of hours in the game doing other things yet am still considered "casual"). It was quite the wake up call. :)

(Come to think of it, I THOUGHT I saw the word "reflect" but by the time I could hover over it, I was dead and the encounter reset. Meh. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle :cool:)

Edited by AngFour

To be honest, that is a reasonable conclusion to have considering 'if it's not the same color as the floor, DON'T STAND IN IT, D*****S!!' has been drilled into our heads over the years of boss fight mechanics. I remember a boss fight in WoW where some sort of healing/buff circles were popping on the floor and it took more than the usual amount of yelling at us for our raid lead to get us all to not automatically run out of the circle for that fight.

Still felt weird that entire fight since it just felt wrong to go against everything our poor overstressed raid healer went off on us on.

• 2 weeks later...

Words to live by. Along with "Read the tooltips for your own abilities."

I learned that one as a level 16 before-4.0 Lightning Sorc in Black Talon with two random Sith and a BH, levels 10, 12, and 14. The bonus boss jumped out of his hole, and focussed me.

So I had to stop fighting and find out what abilities I had, notably the bubble and a self-targetable heal. Of course, the boss *didn't* stop fighting, but I pulled it off. The lesson being "Read your tooltips BEFORE the boss fight."