Please, please, please let Master Ranos be customizable

JLazarillo

I'm sure it's too late to sway the devs on this one, so I guess this topic is more of a "put my wish out into the world" sort of thing, but after the controversy over Shae, I'm really hoping that we'll at least have some options with Ranos, since she's not even an established character. Mostly, I just want to hide that ugly painted-on mop on her head. That isn't too much to ask, is it?

So she is customizable.. but I've noticed she is attuned to Republic only looking gear.

If you're Imperial and try to equip her with Imperial outfits it's will show up as the Republic version on her. Like the "Hammer Lookout Jacket', which appears like Huttsban's top not like an Imperial officer jacket.

So she is customizable.. but I've noticed she is attuned to Republic only looking gear.

If you're Imperial and try to equip her with Imperial outfits it's will show up as the Republic version on her. Like the "Hammer Lookout Jacket', which appears like Huttsban's top not like an Imperial officer jacket.

That's how all newer companions work at this point. Shae Vizla gets Imperial gear, for instance, at least until they "fix" her. Old class story companions that you recruit during the story get gear from their original side, not the side you're on (Kaliyo is a good example, she gets Imperial gear no matter what side you're on). So, I imagine this is intended since Master Ranos is a Jedi.

Let's hope they don't "fix" Master Ranos.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

That's how all newer companions work at this point. Shae Vizla gets Imperial gear, for instance, at least until they "fix" her. Old class story companions that you recruit during the story get gear from their original side, not the side you're on (Kaliyo is a good example, she gets Imperial gear no matter what side you're on). So, I imagine this is intended since Master Ranos is a Jedi.

Yeah, I actually just learned this today trying to put Gault in some old Smuggler gear. Never tried it before.

Let's hope they don't "fix" Master Ranos.

Fingers crossed. This news makes me pretty happy. Heck, it'd even give me an excuse to start saving Light Side Tokens, since the the unique armor there seems like a really appropriate choice for her to wear.