Blade Dance... What have they done with it!

KBaekk

I thought this was like the 'trademark' ability for Jedi Knights.... and now it's gone, replaced by some random, lazy looking ability that does only half the amount of damage, but still goes on for the same old 18-second cooldown :mad:

I guess the same thing happened to the Sith Warrior's 'Ravage' ability...

A horrible, totally unnecessary change to say the least! :mad::mad:

What a shame... I just hope they bring both 'Blade Dance' and 'Ravage' back in the near future :(

I agree with you, new animations for this iconic skills are far worse. It's sad that BW could not change the skill mechanic and maintain old animations. I loved Blade Dance on Sentinel :)

Nice too see that I'm not the only one in disapproval of the (pathetic) change... I truly loved the animations, too!

I just can't stop wondering why they didn't scale the damage of 'Blade Barrage' so that it matches that of its predecessor, 'Blade Dance'. It's an absolutely useless ability! In fact, I'm not sure whether I even want to play jedi knights anymore...

BW seriously needs to scale up the damage... or even better, bring back Blade Dance/Ravage altogether.

Edited by KBaekk

Nice too see that I'm not the only one in disapproval of the (pathetic) change... I truly loved the animations, too!

I just can't stop wondering why they didn't scale the damage of 'Blade Barrage' so that it matches that of its predecessor, 'Blade Dance'. It's an absolutely useless ability! In fact, I'm not sure whether I even want to play jedi knights anymore...

BW seriously needs to scale up the damage... or even better, bring back Blade Dance/Ravage altogether.

Yeah, the same damage output that was previously distributed over 2 gcd's now over just 1. That would be sweet :D

I for one welcome the change. It sucked that you had to stand still while casting the ability, it sucked that you weren't allowed to move during the channel and it sucked that you had to spend an utility point just to get your target rooted so it doesn't run away during the channel. During fights that required a lot of mobility, ravage/blade dance was a major PITA ;)

It's a mixed bag for me. I appreciate the idea to make knights more mobile. However, I did like old animation better, and damage it deals now is utterly pathetic.

I'd settle for simple damage buff though.

Edited by Frenesi

As others have stated, I agree. I have mixed feelings on the change as well. I kinda wish they removed lance and just gave us blade barrage plus keeping blade dance. I love the new abilities animation but I also loved blade dance. Specially when I was in combat spec and used zen. Blade Dance moved so fast and fluid that it felt right.

The problem now is that we got a less powerful instant ability that doesn't even compensate half of the damage our old ability did in one cast. That's wrong. It basically destroys the fluidness and burst potential of one spec and gives the other two specs a buff. Concentrations damage also is affected but it's overall rotation wasn't as reliant as combat. You used zen, precision, and blade dance that thang. Combats concept relied on the ability to pull big numbers. Now that their biggest ability was stripped, it's amazing that they haven't replaced it with something else. Maybe it will change when I hit end game with high crit chance, because right now lance hits like a wet noodle.

If you seriously expected the same damage in 1 gcd while the old one took 2 gcd then these are very unrealistic hopes.

Talking about the animation, I agree it's different and it's sad to see the old one go. The new one for 2 sabers looks dumb imo. But I very much like the animation with one saber. And the fact that I don't need to stand still for 2 gcd is just amazing.

If you seriously expected the same damage in 1 gcd while the old one took 2 gcd then these are very unrealistic hopes.

Talking about the animation, I agree it's different and it's sad to see the old one go. The new one for 2 sabers looks dumb imo. But I very much like the animation with one saber. And the fact that I don't need to stand still for 2 gcd is just amazing.

I don't think anyone is asking for blade dance's dmg in one GCD. People are asking for skills that compensate the damage of the ability within the same time frame.

I excpected half-damage. Would've made sense.

• 5 weeks later...

I want my old Blade Dance animation back. This is now the second time they've taken away an iconic animation that made a class look epic. (Taking away my dual blaster healing on my Merc was the other, IMO-- made us unique)

I hate this new animation so much on my Sentinel. I look so stupid using it. :(

Edited by Kylanna

I want my old Blade Dance animation back. This is now the second time they've taken away an iconic animation that made a class look epic. (Taking away my dual blaster healing on my Merc was the other, IMO-- made us unique)

I hate this new animation so much on my Sentinel. I look so stupid using it. :(

Posters seem to ignore the additional ability you were given, on my Mara it is called Gore, and in combo is far better than a casted root with predictable burst. Now you can disguise it and have more mobility. Gore prevents escapes and I use it to finish kills nicely.

Someone mentioned Iconic ability and I don't think that's masterstrike or whatever, it's the leaping, smashing, saber throwing motions, and personally ravage always felt out of place in that.

• 2 years later...

Doesn't the new Zen boost GCD significantly? Shouldn't that theoretically be able to shorten the old Blade Dance animation by a lot?