The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

tactics vanguard feels weak?

ScottGrim

hi, everyone i wanted to get some more thoughts on this i finished lvling my inflitration shadow to 70 fairly easy

i am now rolling my main toon tactics vanguard and it seems weaker to me compared to my shadow they both are geared the same, i know the rotations pretty well for both and it just seems compared to the shadow who was hitting for 14-18k crits repeatly.

the vanguard has most just done 10k i know they will get stronger with top gear but have they gotten weaker with this patch ?

could really use some thoughts on this i like burst single target dps i loved my vanguard

Tactics Vanguards do not just feel week, they have become measurably weaker.

For proof, I suggest you search for former theory crafter's Bant the Fat & Pink's 5.0 DpS rating, which may still be available e.g. on the SWTOR subreddit. 5.0 made him leave the game, and I am not sure his postings are still around here on the SWTOR forums. His actual forum User Name is/was Goblin_Lackey.

According to his statistics, Tactics Vanguards, together with Sages, took a substantial DpS nerf, and are now close to the bottom of the ranks.

P.S. Found it: here is his ranking

Edited by Hammamelis

so is it even worth playing my vanguard or should i go shadow inflitration for burst dps now

In terms of sheer DpS numbers, the Infiltration Shadow is somewhat better than either Vanguard specs.

That of course is only one aspect of your question:

there is still lots of content in the game where that difference should not matter because you get bolstered, e.g. in Heroics or tactical FPs.

If you still enjoy playing DpS Vanguard more than Infiltration Shadow, even after the other changes in 5.0, like lost abilities, by all means keep playing Vanguard.

The difference in DpS will become more noticeable in harder content, like Uprisings and HM Ops. Then playing the Shadow could be a better idea.

• 3 weeks later...