So now it's nearly impossible to play a light-side imperial?

LorcaGneditch

I was at Light-nearly-IV with 0 Dark points. I'm still Light III, but earned 500 Dark points in bare minutes (fighting Reps at Corellia). Hope it would be cured by killing fellow Sith in Kaggath, but...

Yikes. This seems like a very odd change (especially since you can't choose who you're killing and especially since the galaxy would be better off–light side–without some of the scumbags on the Republic side that you meet if you play an Imp. :p).

Is this seriously a thing?

I've never played a DS character. Even for DvL, I just made her morally grey until I could grind through diplomacy missions.

Saying that attacking a Jedi is considered a DS action is hilarious, when I think of all the Jedi I fight in imperial storylines. More often than not, they're self-righteous hypocrites.

The one you face on Alderaan as an Inquisitor is a perfect example: he says "Oh, you're not like other Sith. Maybe I should reconsider my view on life... PSYCH! I was just getting backup so I could ambush you instead!"

Are you saying that killing him after he shows himself to be a disloyal, deceitful hypocrite with full intentions on killing me... is a DS action?

Oh yes, Nomar Organa was a jerkest jerk. To betray almost anyone from the woman he loved to the Inquisitor, who was sincerely interested in their reconciliation... Though it seems the Inquisitor has to feel kinda guilty about him - judging by his Voss visions.

And the teachers of Ashara? They were blind and quite agressive.

Anyway they also changed all LS/DS stats - now it comes in thousands points (like I have 49 000 and next tier is 67 000). Maybe 500 points are not very serious impact... though it is bitter for my light-sided paragon of a character))

Edited by LorcaGneditch

Just a question, there is a light/dark toggle at the bottom of the screen. Have you tried hitting the light side to toggle it for the light side. When you first log on it will be set for light (republic) or dark (empire) but it can be changed to the one you want. You need to change the toggle (if you haven't) to continue on the light or dark path.