[BUG] 5.0 - Arcann final battle

LordArtemis

Yeah. so this isnt fixed yet? what were we doing at work today devs?

Nope. Still not fixed. Quite perplexing how this hasn't been fixed yet. Any other game would have dropped an Emergency Hotfix 2-3 hours after the servers went live. Especially since this bug has been reported since 9:45am EST yesterday (27 hours ago) on other threads and it's pretty game breaking seeing as the Arcann fight directly gates KotET content. "Early Access" lol.

Edited by Sphillipe

The phase walk trick works. You phase walk to him, then bash him with the shield. Make sure you have built enough power charges before you trigger your phase walk.

Yes, but also don't build it up much. Because you gonna get killed anyway. Because if you build it via his lightening when you are frozen you shouldn't wait until its fully built up because then you will have such low hp when you phase walk to him that blast will kill you instantly. He will have around 7HP, atleast did in my playrhrough and a basic bash was strong enough to finish it.

However then I had another bug. Force manofestation that was next to him didn't die and refused to die. So i had to run away all back and then it suddenly lost 10k hp and I was able to finish it.

I'm having the same problem too, what shock me the most is that they don't even answer to this thread, apologize for the inconvenience, something, it would be a minimum...

From another thread on this same topic...

'11.29.2016 , 09:44 PM | #14

Hey folks!

We are aware of the issue, and are going to get it fixed as soon as possible!

-Tait'

In other words, Friday maintenance at the earliest. :rolleyes: (Unless they take their usual holiday break. Then it will be the end of January :D )

Edit: Looks like Saturday is when we'll get the fix. Per the post at the top of the 'General discussion' page.

Edited by Cylluz

#3 Works i just did it, You Cannot pick up the shield, he stays in 1st mechanic state and you just cast reflect on him every cooldown, takes about 40 mins to get through the 70% health he has, reflects back 1% damage every 30 seconds.

Not that it excuses the lack of a fix..but this approach worked for me as well. having the additional saber reflect ability on juggernaut helped speed it up a bit. During the ensuing cut scene I was given a "no longer allowed in this instance" and thrown back to fleet, but after re-launching with the play button the rest of the chapter played out normally.

We're now 60+ hours since this bug was initially reported. A game breaking bug that gates KotET content. If they were smart and actually cared while faced with the reality that they couldn't formulate a quick fix, they should have allowed players to skip Chapter 16 and go straight into Chapter 1 of KotET via the new Mission/Chapter UI, while they formulated a fix. Edited by Sphillipe

While I appreciate the clever work arounds for the ineptitude of the devs that players have come up with, I simply cant saber reflect, or phase walk on my merc.

I cant even die to exit the fight, I have to alt F4 out of the whole game because even not using a single power or having the shield up I regen faster then the damage comes in. I literally AFKed and watched a whole half of basketball tonight while my character just stood rooted and absorbed damage but never died.

This is pretty much the nail in the coffin for me even caring to bother to resub to the game or give 5.0 RNGearing a chance, since they have already wasted over 10% of my 1 month sub time while I cant progress and even play the new content I signed up for.

This games dev team is pretty much a huge joke from decision making, to planning, to execution, they just cant do anything right. Im glad I dont work with people as bad at their jobs as these guys, I cant think of another job you can F everything up so entirely and still remain employed.