battle of odessen movement bug

KingSnake

Stuck too, all they need to do is remove the "power overwhelming" debuff and it would be fixed, this is ridiculas, pay for a game you cannot play

Before he does that just put the Zakuul Knights shield up and absorb the force manifestations (reflect them) and walk towards his lightning. Build up the charges to about 40 and then smack him with dat shield...:csw_destroyer:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before he does that just put the Zakuul Knights shield up and absorb the force manifestations (reflect them) and walk towards his lightning. Build up the charges to about 40 and then smack him with dat shield...:csw_destroyer:

Problem is, at the end of the fight when he knocks you back, he instantly puts the power overwhelming on you before you can do anything. This is the very end of the fight, after the manifestations.

Edited by AJDragonis

Normal mode Tip !

After 5 failed tries killing bugged Arcann with a sage Jedi, i managed to kill him using "phase walk" lvl61 spell.

Cast "phase walk" a the begining of the fight at the place Arcann stands when the fight is buggeg, teleport to him when the bug occurs and crush him.

Hope it will help Sages and Inquisitors players, no tips for other classes, sorry.

I managed to get around this on my trooper armed with the weapon from the Satele/Marr chapter.

After picking up the knight's shield, I went and stood behind the console up the stairs. Arcann will follow you up and fight there for a bit. Use the shield as you normally would and bash him whenever you get the chance. He will eventually jump to the place where I would get stuck and start throwing lightning. When there is a pause in the lightning, turn off the shield and use the reflect/bubble skill from the special ability bar. Turn the shield back on. Rinse and repeat.

The reflect skill will take him down, albeit slowly. It's not pretty and it's not fast, but it worked for me.

I'm having this bug as well. Were I not mainlining the sorcerer/Sage toons, I'd be rather screwed. For the Phase Walk workaround, you need to set it within range of the shield bash of where Arcan stands when entering the room, apparently. I mis-judged it one time, was was out of range, just suddenly all his force-manifestations could shock me to their heart's content and not worry about the shield, since none of it was in my 'forward arch.' Personally? I expected there to be bugs with the new update. Chances are there are a great many more than most people report, so patience is probably for the best while they work out how to fix things and not interfere with the coding changes they've already implemented just to make the new content and changes to the extant content.

My guess is that it was the implementation of Veteran Mode that caused the bug in this instance, since it seems to work fine with Veteran Mode. And I doubt that going through the lines of code to find the bug is a short process. In a project this massive ('Massively Multiplayer...') I have no doubt that the Devs are doing what they can to minimize the issues, but things will always slip through.

Still. REALLY annoying to find this one out when I'm finishing up KotFE with my jedi. I can't imagine how annoying it'd be when playing a non-Sage/Sorcerer.

Still nothing done. Why did I bother coming back yesterday

i ask myself the same question... resubbed to play the last few chapters and can't do the endboss. After months of not playing i'm not able to do veteran mode and every other "workaround" (not using the bash and beat him with reflection) didn't work... this really sucks.

What a friggin joke! Pretty disappointed in the obvious lack of QA in this game. For every day this is bugged and we cannot progress, we should be getting free play time at the end of our subs!! Pretty sure this is not receiving goods paid for!

To be fair, at this point the have stated that the bug in this fight will be addressed in saturdays maintinance.. though I agree that nearly 5 days is a bit long for them to wait to fix this bug

It's outragous to bring a gamebreaking bug in the game, stopping paying customers to play the new expansion, right before it launches. I'm unsubbed again, and regrett this month already.

Hey everyone,

We will be performing maintenance on Saturday, December 3rd starting at 6:00AM CST (1200 GMT). This maintenance will address a number of issues including the Chapter XVI Arcann fight and the Galactic Command Planetary Mission bug. Full Patch Notes will be posted with maintenance.

We are also going to be running the final Commendation/Crystal Credit conversion, the Dark vs. Light rewards, and the Pass to Cartel Coin conversion grants at this time.

For those without Early Access to Knights of the Eternal Throne you WILL get access tomorrow, December 2nd, as intended. No downtime will be necessary. Existing subscribers will be given access by 9AM CST (1500 GMT). Any new subscribers joining the game starting tomorrow at 9AM CST will be given access at that time.

Thanks!

-Tait

Details:

DATE: 3 December 2016

TIME: 6:00 AM CST - 9:00 AM CST (1200 - 1500 GMT)

VERSION: 5.0a

From the sticky at the front of the General Forums regarding the Dec 3 Maintinance.

THEY have stated when they will be fixing the problem, so please don't say they haven't. It's still taking them 5 days to fix a Game Breaking Bug, which is really bad, but they are fixing it. Honeslty think they should have hot patched it or done a maintinance to fix it as soon as they figured out what was causing it.

I really hope so. Mele types have no hope because he is way too far away to do anything just stand there and die. Attempted one workaround with the shield, heal, and shield and it appears that that even has a bug where when you put the shield up you get much more damage that should be reflected back and is not.

From the sticky at the front of the General Forums regarding the Dec 3 Maintinance.

THEY have stated when they will be fixing the problem, so please don't say they haven't. It's still taking them 5 days to fix a Game Breaking Bug, which is really bad, but they are fixing it. Honeslty think they should have hot patched it or done a maintinance to fix it as soon as they figured out what was causing it.