battle of odessen movement bug

KingSnake

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did manage to beat Arcann with the glitch. Its not quick, but it worked. The trick is when he goes into his bubble, dont bash him. Instead, use the attuned saber trait that reflects damage, then reequip the shield. Once he gets down to about 15-20k health, the battle will end.

See this solution on thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9132097

I personally whittled him down with Unity to 5% then bashed him with the sheild. It might work around 15%. If someone tries it at 15% let us know if it worked or not.

This needs to be fix NOW, not tomorrow, not in 2 days, not next week, NOW, i can't enjoy the early access because of the this stupid bug, I pay my subscription and I want to be able to progress in the story NOW....all my toons are stuck to this point...early access?...yeah right...feel like a crash test dummy. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Edited by Chaoslord

Yeah... and you can't even try to force open the next chapter. If you do, it defaults ALL of your choices to a template and erases everything you did do in KotFE to the same template. And it's not even a template that follows your characters personal allignment.

You have to hit him 3 times with the shield when he tries to electrocute you. The first time in the beginning, the second at around 15% health and the final when he jumps away. The crazy thing is the movement works fine the first two times. It's the third time that is screwed up where you can't move at all. This is indeed a game breaking bug and I'm rather surprised hasn't been fixed yet.

Seriously, if they were working on that bug's fix it would have been done by now.

That is not an early access for me personally if I can't play the content I paid for.

I start to think that they mask the beta testing with ''early access'' so they could leach money from the beta tester aka customers.

Early access means to experience the FINISHED product before anyone else.

Beta testing is to play through the content knowing that there will be BUGS, because that is the thing with betas, player/developer interaction.

Please, fix the bug, we paid for a finished product, not a beta.

EricMusco

Wasn't we supposed to get credits for old currency? | 11.30.2016, 05:56 PM

Quick update! After the quick maintenance we just had, some characters will now have received their credits from the crystal/commendation conversion. Here is the criteria:

My character has not logged in since 5.0 launch - The next time you log in you will have your credits.

My character has logged in since 5.0 launch - You will not receive your credits until after Friday's maintenance.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

From the dev tracer forum.

The last part he writes, about fridays maintain .... I doubt anything will happen with this bug before friday. ....

I'm usually trying to not unload overly negative emotions on forums because it's pathetic and not helping anybody, but the fact that a de facto progress blocker and gamebreaking bug like this has not received a hotfix 48 hours after surfacing is a shameful display of disdain for your player base.

I am playing two other MMOs (both, ironically, b2p non-subbed) where similar situations were addressed usually the same day if anyhow possible, the next day at worst.

This might well tip the scales against resubbing for me because of how inexcusably indifferent it comes across.

Edited by IamAoP

I finally convinced my wife to play SWTOR after all these years and this is the welcome she gets.

Stuck in the Arcann fight with no way to progress.

She's now back on her old MMO.

Well done Bioware, you managed to lose a player a week after they started. Normally she's pretty patient but that's a literal game breaking bug with no way to progress, she's not that patient. 3rd day of waiting for a fix and all that's been said is "we're looking into it".

Absolutely pathetic.

Seriously, if they were working on that bug's fix it would have been done by now.

That is not an early access for me personally if I can't play the content I paid for.

I start to think that they mask the beta testing with ''early access'' so they could leach money from the beta tester aka customers.

Early access means to experience the FINISHED product before anyone else.

Beta testing is to play through the content knowing that there will be BUGS, because that is the thing with betas, player/developer interaction.

Please, fix the bug, we paid for a finished product, not a beta.

Here you guys go, So when Arcann does that bubble thing and he sends all of those wonderful force manifestations out like crazy just before he does his bugged attack. What you can do is build up those force manifestation charges, as well as his lightning, and walk towards him wait until you are stacked up to about 40, then punch him with that attack skill it should instantly kill him. Hope you guys understand what i'm trying to say here haha.:cool:

And I just re-subbed last week after about a 6 or 8 month hiatus because of poor quality control. This game could be so much better if the quality control was managed better. A serious bug at end chapter content is a deal breaker. I am going to see how much longer it takes Bioware to fix this. BLIZZARD atleast has their stuff together and 99% of the time new release is pretty good. This really sucks!