Security key out of sync?

Nureon

So I noticed an issue where no matter how many times I tried to Log in to the launcher/website I kept getting the error message warning me the password or security key was wrong.

So after enough attempts I tried the password reset option on the website but when it came to change the password again I got an error has occured which lead me to conclude that the security key displaying on my phone was incorrect.

I had no choice but to get round the security key via one time password requests to the website and then remove the security key... Was pretty annoying.

It had been 5 days since I logged in till now.

Anyone else had this issue? Kind of stuck with deciding if I wanna get stuck with one time password requests or maybe reinstall and resync the security key on my phone.

:rak_confused:

I had something similar happen to me a while back. Basically I uninstalled the app from my phone, detached my account from the key, and then reinstalled the app and reattached my account. It was a few "one time passowrds" to go through, but it's been working fine since then. *knocks on wood*

Hey, this happened to me a while back and maybe I can help?

So, the problem for me was that the time on my phone, and the time on my computer were not the same. If your phones time is off by half a minute, then your security key will most likely not work half the time. Check to see if aligning your times fixes it.