Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Questions on Legacy and Romances

SnakeSinger

Some things I've been curious about recently, since I plan to start playing some of the Imp classes relatively soon after only doing Rep so far

Firstly, assuming I stay on the same server, does my Legacy name (and it's family tree) extend across both Imp and Rep sides? I.e. could I make an Imp toon related to a Rep toon via the Legacy family tree, if I wanted to? :p

And to follow on from that, the toons I use kind of have their own personal storylines and relations already set out as characters from roleplays and such, so I'm wondering whether the in-game/class story romances affect relations you can/can't make in your Legacy tree? I.e. could I "marry" two of my toons on the Legacy tree and then create a third toon as a 'child' of theirs? And if I was to do that would it mean there would be problems romancing in-game companions for either of those toons?:eek:

Edited by SnakeSinger

The Legacy name and family tree is for both factions.

What you do in the family tree doesn't affect game play at all.

So you can marry your characters and they can be your children. But each relationship is between two individuals. So any child will only be the child to one character. You cannot make it the child of both individuals in a marriage.

The Legacy name and family tree is for both factions.

What you do in the family tree doesn't affect game play at all.

So you can marry your characters and they can be your children. But each relationship is between two individuals. So any child will only be the child to one character. You cannot make it the child of both individuals in a marriage.

Ah cool, thanks! Shame you can't connect them to both 'parents' but hey, small details right? Haha glad it doesn't affect the in-game romances and stuff though :)

the toons I use kind of have their own personal storylines and relations already set out as characters from roleplays and such, so I'm wondering whether the in-game/class story romances affect relations you can/can't make in your Legacy tree? I.e. could I "marry" two of my toons on the Legacy tree and then create a third toon as a 'child' of theirs? And if I was to do that would it mean there would be problems romancing in-game companions for either of those toons?:eek:
That's actually about the only thing the "family tree" in the Legacy window is useful for - setting up all those "RP" connections between your characters, that you create outside the context of the game's story lines. I believe it's also visible to other players if they "inspect" your character, so could be helpful to you / them for RP purposes.

It has absolutely no impact whatsoever on anything else in the gamae.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.