Non META Mondays

Maulkat

Yes, have seen lots of T1 gunships on TRE Republic side tonight already. Including some Ghost Squad vets reviving GS wall tactics against 2- and 3-shippers...

Waiting for some more scout pilots to join and mop the floor with those Quarrels...

I'd love this to be continued.

But this kind of "event" is relying heavily on active participation.

So to all you veterans having fun flying strikes or awkward bombers, etc.: Don't forget to remind the others of this in chat - especially on Mondays.^^

See you in the skies, cheers

Blizzax

I attempted this last monday and saw no participation on any server. I did have some fun with my Kombat Kommand Klarion (lol that one's for you Krix). Is this officially dead?

I'm participating in it every Monday. Still need to work out how to fly my Sledgehammer.

I had to miss one Monday totally and one Monday evening on Harb, but on TRE quite a few of what are considered "server aces" participate, some of the others there, not so much. The event is met with hostility and resistance by some and I say thank you to those that chose to fly non meta in the events.

In the month or so this has been going on, I've noticed more people doing it each week and the same "aces" also NOT doing it. It's been said to me, "I see meta so I'm going meta". I can't make people participate, but can hope it becomes more widely known and people decide to get out of the meta and fly something different.

If this turns into a total failure (in the long run), then the "rules" can be altered to allow other ships. As it stands, the only GS allowed is the T2 and scout T3, the only bomber is the T3 and any SF. However, I'm not going to call people out for playing something else as this a voluntary participation event and not all are going want to do it.

Without being able to openly call people out on the forum, I can't sit here and type out the names of the people I would like to see in non meta, but can only appreciate those that do and say thank you again.

I'll keep pushing the non meta Monday or NMM as it's being called by some, and revisit changing things if it turns out to be a total failure. I honestly expected about 50% participation and that's more or less what I'm seeing. So for me, this isn't a failure, but time will tell to see if those people continue.

Due to overwhelming opposition, hostility and lack of participation, non meta Monday's are cancelled after today, December 26. If you wish to continue to fly non meta on Monday's that's great, but no such weekly event anymore.

Thank you to al that did participate, it was a test that failed though.