Voice Chat

corruptpirate

3rd party voice chat will always be superior so it's unlikely they'll ever put it in game.

Now that there's something like Discord that can be run from your browser and pretty much lets you create servers for free and join them with a simple web link, it's even easier to get voice chat going with random groups.

Rather have staff work on in game bugs instead of adding features already done better by third party apps.

Plus we already have to read the wonderful folks in general chat. Rather not have to listen to them as well.

Edited by dr_mike

• 4 months later...
I agree with the OP, I would really like to see this. It's not obvious to me how you would use a 3rd party app with a casual group without a lot of hassle. Rankyn said it was easy, so there must be a way. How is it done?

It's generally either very easy, or much more comlex. There isn't much of a middle ground, it seems.

It's very easy if all members of the party have the same third party voice chat installed. After that, it's just a matter of typing out the relevant info in party chat.

Fortunately, there are a few voice chat programs that seem to be practically universally used/accepted.

Unless I am mistaken, for a long while, the two top voice chat programs were Ventrilo and Teamspeak. Some still use them or at least have one or the other still installed on their computers.

The new kid on the block that seems to be fast becoming the universal default third party voice chat program is Discord, a web based voice chat program.

My advice would be to install at least Discord, and if you felt like either Ventrilo and/or Teamspeak.

One thing that could be troubling with this feature, is people screaming through their microphones or playing music through some other program like SLAM. Would be nice to have voice chat, but only if we can enable/disable it, also ignore other people, so you don't have to listen to them. Edited by Theepiccoder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.