Master Strike/Blade Dance animation will go forever? :(

ShenLongKazama

• 1 month later...
I hate the new animation. I want my old Blade Dance animation back. This new stupid one where I twist kick in the air looks terrible. I'm almost embarrassed to use it. I understand the change so that it's not channeled any longer... but why take out that epic animation? It's not as if this one is that much shorter of an animation.

I kind of wish the tank disciplines got the channeled Blade Dance/Ravage (complete with old animation), and the DPS disciplines got the new Blade Dance/Ravage animations/instant ability. Do juggernaut/guardian tanks really need to be all that mobile? (Well, from a PvE perspective. I have no idea what it's like for PvP.)

...that, and I loved the old Blade Dance and Ravage animations. My Vigilance guardian looks neat with the new animation - it fits the rest of his spinny, flippy, set-my-lightsaber-on-fire-and-hurl-it-at-you move set. But my tank guardian looks weird...and not just because his lekku ("head-tails" - he's a twi'lek) go into full-out spaz mode every time he whirls around like a laser-bladed chainsaw.

And my body-type-three tank juggernaut looks like she's breaking her spine in half every time she goes into that awkward flip in Ravage. It's...kinda painful to watch.