Gear bug, skill or cheating?

TrixxieTriss

I'm seeing a few people in pvp naked. I just thought they were just noobs, but then they do outstanding damage like 1-2 mil.

They all reckon it's skill, but it smells fishy to me. 4 weeks ago there were no people running naked. Now these naked people are doing astronomical damage naked.

I've played with the best in the game and I've never seen anyone do that unless there was a bug of some sort.

So are these people just pvp gods or is here something else happening here?

Is that in lvl 65 PVP? Are they always naked? I mean do you have time to check their gear while pvping yourself? I guess you can see their HP in group frame, yeah, but still, dont they swap to gear after they leave respawn or something?

They are on my team, so yeah, I can check before we start.

It's nothing new. They are probably not completely naked - have probably left side and bolster takes care of the rest. In fact naked pvp was the most fun period of this game history.

Yeah but that was a long time ago. They fixed it and now we have this again?

They do have implants and relics attached, but no ear

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah but that was a long time ago. They fixed it and now we have this again?

They do have implants and relics attached, but no ear

Relics are pretty much all that's needed since bolster can't compensate for the procs. And all they "fixed" that bolstered naked had better stats than all pvp gear. That doesn't mean that naked isn't bolstered. I have no idea what stats it bolsers but obviously it gives some base stats and if the people are good - well skill > gear if there is no overwhelming tat difference

Relics are pretty much all that's needed since bolster can't compensate for the procs. And all they "fixed" that bolstered naked had better stats than all pvp gear. That doesn't mean that naked isn't bolstered. I have no idea what stats it bolsers but obviously it gives some base stats and if the people are good - well skill > gear if there is no overwhelming tat difference

Their stats are about 20% lower across the board. Bolster only works on slots that are filled with real gear. The stats they have are the very base stats before Bolster.

Ie a Jugg with 40k health and 1200 dmg stats, non existent expertise.

How is it possible for them not to die all match after taking over 800k damage and we have no healer as well as getting over 1.4 mil DPS.

I consider myself a competent to good Jugg player and I took 1mil damage and died 6 times, but also did 1.2 mil damage. I had maximum min max bolstered gear and full expertise.

I have never seen anything like this before except back when they had the naked gear bug. These guys certainly werent around 2 weeks ago.

If it's a bug, just let us know so we can inform Bioware or there is a good chance it will make it into the expansion unfixed.

There is your answer, they focused you :p

But seriously, many things in PVP are sometime miss understood for cheating, hacking etc, hard to say, maybe they really put on gear after they left spawn point.

She already mentioned, they were her Teammates.

There is your answer, they focused you :p

But seriously, many things in PVP are sometime miss understood for cheating, hacking etc, hard to say, maybe they really put on gear after they left spawn point.

Nah, I kept checking, no gear all match. I'm also not accusing anyone of hacking as I know you can't change stats to allow extra damage or to mitigate damage.

I just think it must be a bug or exploit and I was wondering.

Really no idea then, when you see it again, record, upload and provide link we are all wondering how this works!

If only I could be bothered to login in again and do it. I'm very disheartened by this expansion and I'm feeling a lot of apathy towards the game.

Guess I'll login next week after the launch and see if it's worth renewing my sub.

If only I could be bothered to login in again and do it. I'm very disheartened by this expansion and I'm feeling a lot of apathy towards the game.

Guess I'll login next week after the launch and see if it's worth renewing my sub.

Well as for me im too in love with the game even though its slowly digging its grave. I tried WoW and downloaded FFXIV, but the things that are keeping me here is the state of my account, i mean i know the game, i know everything, ops, pvp, crafting etc, starting a new MMO which is already going for 5 years isnt what I want. I will rather wait for a new SW MMO before I leave this one.

Well as for me im too in love with the game even though its slowly digging its grave. I tried WoW and downloaded FFXIV, but the things that are keeping me here is the state of my account, i mean i know the game, i know everything, ops, pvp, crafting etc, starting a new MMO which is already going for 5 years isnt what I want. I will rather wait for a new SW MMO before I leave this one.

There won't be a new SW MMO as long as this one is kicking

I'm seeing a few people in pvp naked. I just thought they were just noobs, but then they do outstanding damage like 1-2 mil.

They all reckon it's skill, but it smells fishy to me. 4 weeks ago there were no people running naked. Now these naked people are doing astronomical damage naked.

I've played with the best in the game and I've never seen anyone do that unless there was a bug of some sort.

So are these people just pvp gods or is here something else happening here?

It's a bug, bolster bug. People are exploiting it. I'd report it to Bioware. I have been seeing the 'naked bolster glitch' too on Ebon Hawk. But come Tuesday, may not matter anymore. Not sure if they are keeping bolster in 5.0

It's a bug, bolster bug. People are exploiting it. I'd report it to Bioware. I have been seeing the 'naked bolster glitch' too on Ebon Hawk. But come Tuesday, may not matter anymore. Not sure if they are keeping bolster in 5.0

Bolster is here to stay.

It's needed in lowbies in mids because the brackets are so big

Plus the gear gap at 70 and CXP will probably be big. Without bolster it would be unplayable