Bioware... we have to talk...

NickAlexander

So another livestream, got us all excited about getting some of the pillars of the story bits – the Force and actually your creations and how it manifests in the SWTOR world. This is partially, but not entirely about those:

Those girls (picture)

Now you might not perceive it as such, but the Force is a huge part of the magic in Star Wars and all Force users pass it on to their almost a daughter (in all those cases) figure. You see it in the movies – Kenobi (old Ben or Obi Wan) was the father figure for both Anakin and Luke, Qui Gon Jinn was Obi Wan’s, and so on and so forth. We, the players that are so in to Force users and the fantasy of it all desperately need such a figure and you took it (in a good twist), but never bothered to replace it.

On the last livestream you confirmed you’re not really investing in companions on this and we’re left with not much. Don’t have that companion that looks up to us with everybody I speak to, we miss it so very much.

I can go on this forever, but you’re really good at this and I think you got the point. I’m not saying you should just plaster them in to the story, make it like a long companion recruitment alert to gather a bunch of loot all over the place, give it to Darth Jadus who’s gonna make us soak something in the Blood of Kephes on a very particular place in Manan and we get to save them all or something. We, the players involved in this really miss this part. I really would like your take on this, so we can have some hope at least.

Another …. What about this guy:

Another picture

Really, sitting on Makeb drinking while this is happening? As a player who knows who he is, it’s so emersion breaking to not see somebody so intertwined with the Emperor to just vanish. Make no mistake – we’re all very invested and “almost” cool companions that don’t speak common are not a viable replacement.

P.S. – The Jedi we find as part of the SF… why?... just why…..

I don't get why nobody answers to this thread ... :confused:

Personally, I agree so much with you !

Though, I doubt Bioware would pay attention to this claims.

I have the impression that they literally don't give a damn f*ck.

If it were otherwise, a lot of things wouldn't be as they actually are on SWTOR.

I have been playing my characters as a Legacy RPG so I choose one of them, my JK, to be the Outlander. I kind of understand the galaxy'd changed a lot these five years and maybe some of my old companions may not be available anymore because I don't know what happened to them while I was in carbonite. It is part of life and a Jedi must learn how to let them go when the time comes.

That said, I really would like to see Lord Scourge coming back someway on KotET because of his relationship with the Emperor. I loved the Revan book and got very excited to find him in game. I believe he is probably alive and he is cunning, resourceful and strong (perhaps one of the most powerful companions from the past). I would like to see him coming back with some new knowledge about the Emperor that will help us finally defeat him.

Edited by rortegas

Make no mistake – we’re all very invested and “almost” cool companions that don’t speak common are not a viable replacement.

At least BW doesn't favour any classes and the one cool companion who doesn't speak common was replaced with a bland substitute.

Edited by Mubrak

Bioware did the same with ME's Jack and Miranda and with DA with Morigan, Fenris, Isabela and so so many more... At least you kept some of the good ones there, but in SWTOR you took it all away. At least give us a force wielder from the old stories that's not Xalek and has the power of at least 6 word sentances.