Character Transfer Questions

JustBeenSabered

Hey to all the GSF forum. I was thinking of changing over a pilot or two to the Harb server this month. I just wanted to double check on a few important details before doing so:

A. Does the toon you transfer keep its records, ships, builds?

B. How does this affect your companions in crew for that toon? In other words, do I need to use req to regain the ones I had previously unlocked through class story completion?

C. What happens to my saved up requisition on all the ships that isn't used currently? Do I lose all of that req? If so, should I spend it all before I transfer?

I read through the general guidelines for transfer character and understand what swtor.com wrote. But the details for a GSF transfer were not included.

TYVM for your responses in advance and happy piloting!

• 2 weeks later...
Great everyone can transfer to The Bastion and show the power of the "Ace" to be the lifeblood of GSF.

If you're going to keep spouting this in unrelated threads, you really should go back and respond to this post:

No four people have ever killed a queue, or a server (unless you count Bioware executives). They did not fly 24 hours a day, relentlessly double-boxing so they could be in every match that was flown, gunning down every player that dared set foot on their turf. They were a single 4-man group. They did not have access to special equipment, or prevent others from gaining the exact same ships they used. They even widely distributed knowledge of their tactics and builds, which everyone else could learn from.

So... they killed the GSF queue by drawing people TO the server to play GSF? Increasing the pool of players killed the queue? Ok.

Your entire premise is fundamentally wrong.

The 'average joes' queue now and then, but it is the continual presence of the 'aces' that play a lot who give the game a baseline population. When the 'aces' go, there are not enough casual players concurrently queuing to fill matches up. THAT is when a server dies.

Look at BC, which slowly lost its veteran population and GSF guilds to other games because there was never going to be anything new in GSF again. At one time, BC had 2-3 concurrent matches going every night. The aces slowly spread out or quit, and the couple GSF heavy guilds relocated or quit. GSF has dwindled to the point where I can play story content there for hours without a single pop happening.

Look at Shadowlands, which had a dominant premade impside when Xi'ao flew. Should have killed the server right? Instead it prompted some of the other up-and-comers there to form SRW. Tough competition motivated them to build up their own skills and seek allies. When Xi'ao left, impside became an inexhaustable dumpster fire of people who refused any attempts to help them learn to fly.

Look at TEH, which was vital with an enormous roster of excellent, active pilots who nearly all filtered away leaving only the 'average joes' to stage the occasional match every couple hours or so, people so dedicated to remaining average (and GSF-less) that they call 'hacker' on people with the magical skill of strafing in a gunship.

* FUN FACT: Drakolich had nothing to do with the rise or fall of these other servers, btw!

* FUN FACT #2: it wasn't just GSF that died on Bastion, it was Ops, FPs, WZs, content in general, none of which Drakolich played.

* FUN FACT #3: Drakolich and his group haven't flown on Bastion in over a year. The 'average joes' did not take advantage of this ace-less playground to rekindle safe, happy, carefree GSF. Because there were never enough 'average joes' to do so who cared enough to queue continually, especially in the face of zero new additions to GSF (unless you count bugs).

Look at Harbinger and TRE, which remain active BECAUSE of the constant presence of 'aces' showing up there and queuing.

When cheap 90cc character transfers and 12x XP happened, everyone flocked to the most populous servers, being TRE and Harb. Population loss killed the other servers. It killed GSF on Pot5 when the aces moved to Harb and abroad. The aces were and always have been the people who will continually queue up to play, making them one hundred percent vital to the continual existence of GSF as an ongoing entity.

Open your eyes and see it for what it is! People that play GSF are a subset of people who both 'like space shooters' and 'like or tolerate PvP' in a game that is neither primarily a space shooter or primarily PvP. The game's population is mostly comprised of people who have no interest in GSF, did not come to SWTOR expecting to find a PvP space shooter, and SURPRISE, they ignore it when they learn of it.

Bioware killed GSF with lack of planning, poor vision, and disastrous lack of followthrough... or at least gutted it and left it to its fate on the side of the road.

If anyone wants to see GSF continue, the answer is not to demonize and chase off the players that play the most just because they're hard to beat!

- Despon

Despon had some good points in that thread. See the following:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9101246&postcount=42

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9102189&postcount=49

I'd respond to the OP's question, but that's already been done. I'm not sure why this was brought up yet again in an unrelated thread.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

perhaps my short time as part of the gsf community renders me ignorant, but given the neglected state of GSF plus the flaws that it rolled out with, things like balancing the teams and giving new pilots just a fair chance at success (as opposed to farming them for 12 minutes in their spawn) are things that require veteran pilots to slow tf down a bit..... be okay with dying a few times helping 2 shippers learn how to hit you in your mastered fcking meta ship, perhaps, dare I say, give them 1 of the 3 fcking nodes, instead of 3 capping them and showing them just how broken (and ultimately pointless) practicing GSF is.... I can only say from experience, but I'm sure the vast majority of people who try GSF simply quit after seeing it's difficulty and lack of tangible rewards compared to wz's :D harbinger is full of "ace" pilots who give no mercy or chance to new players, burning out ALL but the most insane and obsessive individuals who find comfort and purpose in a broken minigame on swtor.

and then you wind up with the lovely bunch of people we have now... unable to give up a little time to help the community grow :p obviously it shouldn't be incumbent upon the players to rectify and work around the basic ignorance of the company we as subs keep in business, but it has, and we failed :p again it could be my total ignorance speaking, but I consider myself quite astute and have examined this problem top to bottom as well as talked crap to every decent pilot on harbinger ;D

Edited by TheMendac

perhaps my short time as part of the gsf community renders me ignorant, but given the neglected state of GSF plus the flaws that it rolled out with, things like balancing the teams and giving new pilots just a fair chance at success (as opposed to farming them for 12 minutes in their spawn) are things that require veteran pilots to slow tf down a bit..... be okay with dying a few times helping 2 shippers learn how to hit you in your mastered fcking meta ship, perhaps, dare I say, give them 1 of the 3 fcking nodes, instead of 3 capping them and showing them just how broken (and ultimately pointless) practicing GSF is.... I can only say from experience, but I'm sure the vast majority of people who try GSF simply quit after seeing it's difficulty and lack of tangible rewards compared to wz's :D harbinger is full of "ace" pilots who give no mercy or chance to new players, burning out ALL but the most insane and obsessive individuals who find comfort and purpose in a broken minigame on swtor.

and then you wind up with the lovely bunch of people we have now... unable to give up a little time to help the community grow :p obviously it shouldn't be incumbent upon the players to rectify and work around the basic ignorance of the company we as subs keep in business, but it has, and we failed :p again it could be my total ignorance speaking, but I consider myself quite astute and have examined this problem top to bottom as well as talked crap to every decent pilot on harbinger ;D

Who are you??