What class should I do for my second KOTFE run?

BlitzJG

My first one was a JK, LS. Now I need to do it again for the DvL event. I have a LS SW, a DS JK, and a LS Smug.

Naturally I want to explore the dark side of the story, but I'm not sure what class would give me the most unique experience. I don't mind going DS on my SW, but it seems pretty cliche to go DS SW and LS JK, but if it makes most sense that way I'm all for it. I am curious also if the class difference between JK and JS (and conversly SW and SI) alter the story at all (besides companion interactions).

The Fallen Empire story in particular tends to work better with "traditional" alignments for classes. Often dialogue tends to accommodate LS Jedi and DS Sith more easily than the reverse.

The differences in Jedi and Sith classes tend to only be minor changes in the dialogue to reference your class stories, particularly in regard to your relationship to Valkorian.

Edited by OldVengeance

The Fallen Empire story in particular tends to work better with "traditional" alignments for classes. Often dialogue tends to accommodate LS Jedi and DS Sith more easily than the reverse.

The differences in Jedi and Sith classes tend to only be minor changes in the dialogue to reference your class stories, particularly in regard to your relationship to Valkorian.

Are any of these minor Valkorian dialogue changes more interesting than the others?

Can you give an example of the accommodation to the non-traditional stories?

Of all the classes, the Jedi Knight has the most personal relationship with Valkorian. After that, second place is the Sith Warrior because they're the only other person that met him in class content. Third would be the Jedi Consular, because their story involves fighting some of his machinations.

Much of the standard Kotfe dialogue has Lightside or Darkside dialogue for everybody. But very often the dialouge for Sith in alignment choices will give them a very darkside sounding rationale, even when picking LS options.

The closest I remember the game coming to Sith specific dialogue that could be interpreted as LS is in Chapter 2.

Of all the classes, the Jedi Knight has the most personal relationship with Valkorian. After that, second place is the Sith Warrior because they're the only other person that met him in class content. Third would be the Jedi Consular, because their story involves fighting some of his machinations.

Much of the standard Kotfe dialogue has Lightside or Darkside dialogue for everybody. But very often the dialouge for Sith in alignment choices will give them a very darkside sounding rationale, even when picking LS options.

The closest I remember the game coming to Sith specific dialogue that could be interpreted as LS is in Chapter 2.

The Emperor speaks through Master Syo, The First Son, to the Consular.

Force users best fit the story for KOTFE, with the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior being the best fit because of their personal connection with the Emperor. The Jedi Knight fits best in that you're Vitiate's nemesis and have defeated him once before, but the Sith Warrior is a close second in that you were the Emperor's Wrath. The Consular and Inquisitor I'd rank as tied for third place. The Consular unraveled the Emperor's plot to destroy the Jedi from within (and spoke to him during the class story) while the Inquisitor is a Dark Council member. Any of them works as the Outlander.

You only run into issues with the story not making much sense when you take one of the muggles through KOTFE. I love the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter, but from the Emperor's perspective they should be insignificant ants who are beneath his notice.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The Jedi Knight has inconveniently discorporeated him in the past, while the Sith Warrior has conveniently discorporeated him :p

(I may have already said that)

Honestly, I am dreading doing KotFE on my DvL Knight (I did it as my proper Knight and Agent, and hated it with a passion as my Agent) because the replay value is garbage.

Was it? Emperor speaks through Kira to the Knight until she purges him. I also recall the Consular saying "Let him go!"

Yeah, he doesn't seem to do that with the First Son and the Consular. The First Son himself does all the talking. The Consular can try to get the First Son personality to release Syo, though.

The Jedi Knight has inconveniently discorporeated him in the past, while the Sith Warrior has conveniently discorporeated him :p

(I may have already said that)

Honestly, I am dreading doing KotFE on my DvL Knight (I did it as my proper Knight and Agent, and hated it with a passion as my Agent) because the replay value is garbage.

Just because of the disconnect with being a non-force user?

I think part of the problem was that tech classes don't feel right in KotFE anyway.

Part of it was because of all the classes, the Agent makes the least sense as the naive moron who lets SCORPIO trick her... though I was pleasantly surprised to get a reference to their first meeting during Chapter XV.

Also the "Nope, you're not going to be allowed to stealth properly" bits, and the fact that I already knew I was going to get punished for agreeing with Kaliyo in Chapter X.

I think part of the problem was that tech classes don't feel right in KotFE anyway.

Part of it was because of all the classes, the Agent makes the least sense as the naive moron who lets SCORPIO trick her... though I was pleasantly surprised to get a reference to their first meeting during Chapter XV.

Also the "Nope, you're not going to be allowed to stealth properly" bits, and the fact that I already knew I was going to get punished for agreeing with Kaliyo in Chapter X.

While Agent gets lucky with the number of returned companions, I have to agree with you. With any other class, I can see them being able to give some sort of trust to Scorpio and Kaliyo, even if it's limited trust.

Agent should just know better and at the very least destroy Scorpio on sight. :p