Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sub-to-Preferred Guild

Stultophobe

What happens if you're the GM of a guild and you cancel your sub... BUT you're the only one in your guild?

Make sure that before the subscription actually ends, you get the Guild Bank authorisation unlock, AND remove all credits from any guild banks, because even with the unlock, non-subscribers are not allowed to touch any credits in their guild bank. (Items, yes, credits, no.) "Credit Explosion" and similar items are *items*, not credits, so if there are any of them in your guild bank, you can take them out and (carefully) use them even while you are a non-sub.

Aside from that, not much will happen. (If you haven't yet bought a guild ship, do it before your subscription ends, because the cost in escrow unlocks to hold 50 million as a non-sub will be ... painful.)

How did you end up like that? Did the others drop out or can people make guilds of one?

Some people set up bank guilds.

Basically you get a few friends to help you set one up and then they leave. You get a ton more storage space.

It's a pretty common thing.

I don't have one in SWTOR but I do have bank guilds in a lot of MMO's.

Make sure that before the subscription actually ends, you get the Guild Bank authorisation unlock, AND remove all credits from any guild banks, because even with the unlock, non-subscribers are not allowed to touch any credits in their guild bank. (Items, yes, credits, no.) "Credit Explosion" and similar items are *items*, not credits, so if there are any of them in your guild bank, you can take them out and (carefully) use them even while you are a non-sub.

Aside from that, not much will happen. (If you haven't yet bought a guild ship, do it before your subscription ends, because the cost in escrow unlocks to hold 50 million as a non-sub will be ... painful.)

Thanks much.

Some people set up bank guilds.

Basically you get a few friends to help you set one up and then they leave. You get a ton more storage space.

It's a pretty common thing.

I don't have one in SWTOR but I do have bank guilds in a lot of MMO's.

With one of my guilds it was more of a shared bank storage between my fiance and I. We created it before Legacy storage was a thing and it worked out great as extra storage, a quick way to transfer crafting stuff and gear between characters without having to wait on any mail delay as well as was a great way to set up a stash of credits on hand so we didn't have to play log on around with our characters to transfer credits around for a big GTN purchase.

Not sure how being the only one left affects things, if at all, but becoming a preferred guild leader reduces the number of ranks (to 5 I think?), resets them to default names and restricts some elements of guild control.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.