Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Option to change Adv Class?

americanaussie

To add to your list, FFXIV allows a single character to be all classes in the game.

You can switch at any time with two clicks. Each class you level has it's own set of gear, and your ability bar configuration is saved separately. You do have to level each one separately, of course.

Now, it doesn't bother me that SWTOR doesn't allow one to change advanced classes. But I do find it extremely silly that one of the biggest arguments against AC switching is "tradition". We're not living in Anatevka, people. :rolleyes:

But it is my understanding that in FFXIV that one cannot take on new classes until specific points in the leveling process...level 30 IIRC from the discord chat in my guild.

So let me ask you this: does FFXIV let one change what class they have chosen? IOW - and please bear with me because I do not know the FFXIV classes - I choose to play a warrior to start, I then pick up mage, but then I decide I want to play a cleric/mage, can I change my warrior levels to cleric? based on what you are saying the answer is no. While I could take on the cleric class and abandoned the warrior, I would still have to level that cleric class.

Translation to SWTOR: OK as a Sith Inquisitor you chose to be an assassin to start. You are now level 65 and want to be a sorcerer. OK switch to sorcerer and you are now have level 1 sorcerer abilities and gear/stats. Go level up that Sorc class. You can always switch back to assassin if you want but you MUST be in Sorc class to level Sorc class.

So let me ask you this: does FFXIV let one change what class they have chosen? IOW - and please bear with me because I do not know the FFXIV classes - I choose to play a warrior to start, I then pick up mage, but then I decide I want to play a cleric/mage, can I change my warrior levels to cleric? based on what you are saying the answer is no. While I could take on the cleric class and abandoned the warrior, I would still have to level that cleric class.

The level you've achieved on each class is tracked separately.

Here's how it works:

Your character sheet has a list of all possible classes in the game. It looks like this:

http://www.notaguild.com/images/stuff/FFXIV.jpg

"Disciples of War" are the combat classes.

"Disciples of the Hand" are the crafting classes.

"Disciples of the Land" are the gathering classes.

Once you've reached level 15 on any DoW class, you can unlock the ability to level the other classes. You visit a trainer and start a quest line that begins leveling that class.

Two switch between classes, you simply change your equipped weapon.

Edited by Khevar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.