Explosions on Player Ships

krisagi

The noises I can live with, I never have game sound on, it's random companions appearing in my stronghold that freak me out.

Running to the elevator after putting some decorations up and have 3 companions that aren't mine stood there staring at me.

It's like those angels out of Dr Who. I'm too scared to blink.

LMAO that does sound freaky!

It started around 4.0 for me.

For me, the weird explosions always seem to happen around the entry point to the ship.

My wild theory is this: it's a defunct Legendary Character visual effect that is activated on your character spawning into the game world, but if your character isn't in line-of-sight to the entry position of the ship, it doesn't get update ticks; and so when you do come around to see the entry point of the ship, it gets an update request with a huge time delta value, which it isn't expecting. The resulting explosion effect is a fast-forward of everything for that particle effect. :)

Uh-huh. Yup. That's my theory. :rolleyes:

It's been around for a while now. I'm not sure if it's a KotFE thing, but I can't remember it in RotHC or earlier.

Even game breaking bugs aren't a priority. Only bugs that affect the cartel shop are high-priority- EA can't have those whales getting upset.

Even CM content doesn't necessarily get EMT response. Took couple months before they fixed the Wicked Huntress chestpiece, and that's an outfit they've promoted even. But Kallie is wrong. Non-gamebreakers doesn't get low priority. They get no priority. His view that non-essentials shouldn't be fixed is also wrong and I somehow doubt he "knows how bug fixing works" based on the ridiculous statements.

Edited by Pscyon

i thought they fixed that damn bug

Just verified that it still exists.

I did a number of tests involving logging in and out, traveling to and from stronghold, at various distances from the entry point on the ship, also traveling between fleet docking station and ship. It took a while, but I found no trace of the bug on Consular, Smuggler, and Bounty Hunter ships. The Trooper ship was another matter. For the Trooper, the bug almost always happened when my character was a short distance away from the ship entrance. This happened regardless of whether or not I was looking at the point when I crossed this invisible threshold. I walked backwards, I walked forwards over the position. It did not matter. It seemed to be purely position or distance.

In short: Not all ships have this problem. Trooper ship has this problem. Fairly easy to reproduce, but difficult to ascertain why.

It's been around for a while now. I'm not sure if it's a KotFE thing, but I can't remember it in RotHC or earlier.

Even CM content doesn't necessarily get EMT response. Took couple months before they fixed the Wicked Huntress chestpiece, and that's an outfit they've promoted even. But Kallie is wrong. Non-gamebreakers doesn't get low priority. They get no priority. His view that non-essentials shouldn't be fixed is also wrong and I somehow doubt he "knows how bug fixing works" based on the ridiculous statements.

Actually I am not wrong.

It is cause someone else is opening crates in their stronghold or on their ship and the sound bleeds thru into your instance of your ship or stronghold

Could be.

Personally, I think it is a bad motivator circuit in the ship droid and what sounds like explosions is actually your droid body slamming the sides of the bulkhead over and over again. :p

I like to think it's Skadge having a bad reaction to the processed food on my ship.

Or maybe it's Blizz.

On a related note, I finished the Inquisitor story on DK last night and after the final cutscene ended, I watched the lovely Darth Zash explode right in front of me. Nothing to do with ships but made me think of this nonetheless...