DvL Achievement: Gree Droids

SOULCASTER

Is it possible to find and kill 50 Gree droids with out the gree event going currently? I know it just ended. Just wondering if there is a spawn somewhere. Reddit seemed to indicate there were droids, but no waypoints or locations were given. Edited by SOULCASTER

Is it possible to find and kill 50 Gree droids with out the gree event going currently? I know it just ended. Just wondering if there is a spawn somewhere. Reddit seemed to indicate there were droids, but no waypoints or locations were given.

There is no Gree droids active or even spawning outside the time frame of the Gree event. So it is not possible.

I'm not sure it could work, but I remember Gree droids in the Senate on Coruscant, and they send you on a mission. Can say for sure there's gree droids to kill in the quest as I don't remember it, but it could be something to try ;) Edited by RswanBing

I'm not sure it could work, but I remember Gree droids in the Senate on Coruscant, and they send you on a mission. Can say for sure there's gree droids to kill in the quest as I don't remember it, but it could be something to try ;)

Yes this is what reddit was hinting at. I'll have to see if I can maybe do that quest on a republic character and see if that works i guess.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Is it possible to find and kill 50 Gree droids with out the gree event going currently? I know it just ended. Just wondering if there is a spawn somewhere. Reddit seemed to indicate there were droids, but no waypoints or locations were given.

I guess I need to ask, how did you not kill 50 droids during any of the Gree events running during DvL? That was one of the very first things I made sure I did with a DvL character because I knew it was a limited time event.

I guess I need to ask, how did you not kill 50 droids during any of the Gree events running during DvL? That was one of the very first things I made sure I did with a DvL character because I knew it was a limited time event.

I've been away for 6+ months and just returned.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I have been trying to finish the dark vs light event and I figured since the event went until the end of the month then all the requirements needed would be available until the end of the month. Its pretty ridiculous to put an end date but make it impossible to finish certain parts 30 days or more before the deadline. I guess I can quit now, no sense in leveling characters and running tacts endlessly when the event is over after reaching eternal level.

Event has been going on for 5/6 months, it sucks that you can't get it, They can't run everything all the time. But you only need Eternal level to get the companion.

I understand what you are saying, yes the event has been going for a while but some of us only get to play a couple hours 3-4 times a week, sometimes more and sometimes less. Also, if they run an event that requires you collect x number of A, then A should be available until the end of the event. Its bad planning just like the alliance alert for "the kindly old monster" which is only available during the rakghoul event. I was also wanting to finish to get the 30 packs, the tank mount, and the titan armor set. Didn't even know about a companion.

Its bad planning just like the alliance alert for "the kindly old monster" which is only available during the rakghoul event. I was also wanting to finish to get the 30 packs, the tank mount, and the titan armor set. Didn't even know about a companion.

It's not bad planning on the part of the game, it's bad planning on *your* part.

You can see for yourself the requirements to get things done and also know about recurring events. When the events were on, which was many times, those are the ones you should have been doing.

It's up to *you* to decide what to do with your game time. You had many chances and opportunities so don't blame the game. Take some personal responsibility that you had poor planning and learn from this experience for the next time something like this comes along.

I understand what you are saying, yes the event has been going for a while but some of us only get to play a couple hours 3-4 times a week, sometimes more and sometimes less. Also, if they run an event that requires you collect x number of A, then A should be available until the end of the event. Its bad planning just like the alliance alert for "the kindly old monster" which is only available during the rakghoul event. I was also wanting to finish to get the 30 packs, the tank mount, and the titan armor set. Didn't even know about a companion.

It was 50 droids - easily done in about 10 minutes. Anyone who wanted the Legendary level knew it was going to require a lot of work and would have checked to see exactly what they needed - or at least, should have checked. There's no point just running around randomly doing things and hoping it counts towards it.

Did you also manage to "miss" the Bounties part of the achievements, or have you planned well enough to get that done? What about infecting players with the rakghoul virus?

I understand that it sucks that some of you don't have the time to play. But again they can't run everything all the time, whether I agree or disagree with the way they ran the event, is irrelevant. It's the way they did it. (People who really wanted legendary started planning from the beginning) The events have been dropping far more frequently than they used to. Gree and rakghoul, which used to be on a 6 month timer, are now on a 8 week timer iirc. Also, I believe the last gree event ran for 2 weeks instead of one.

Btw if any of you need the Rak event, it should be on Tuesday.

Edited by Krazhez

I understand that it sucks that some of you don't have the time to play. But again they can't run everything all the time, whether I agree or disagree with the way they ran the event, is irrelevant. It's the way they did it. (People who really wanted legendary started planning from the beginning) The events have been dropping far more frequently than they used to. Gree and rakghoul, which used to be on a 6 month timer, are now on a 8 week timer iirc. Also, I believe the last gree event ran for 2 weeks instead of one.

Btw if any of you need the Rak event, it should be on Tuesday.

All events since DvL started have been running 2 weeks in a row. Bounty Contracts, Rakghoul, and Gree.

It was 50 droids - easily done in about 10 minutes. Anyone who wanted the Legendary level knew it was going to require a lot of work and would have checked to see exactly what they needed - or at least, should have checked. There's no point just running around randomly doing things and hoping it counts towards it.

Did you also manage to "miss" the Bounties part of the achievements, or have you planned well enough to get that done? What about infecting players with the rakghoul virus?

Actually I was working on the harder aspects of the achievements like leveling 8 characters, flashpoints, etc. I figured I would leave the easy stuff for last and like I said, if the event goes until nov 29th then anything needed to complete the collections should be available. It shouldn't matter when I decided to start working on these because I knew the deadline. If I thought I could finish everything in 2 weeks then I could have waited until the last 2 weeks because there is a hard deadline. I didn't run out of time, theres still almost 2 weeks left in the event, I stopped because there are things I can no longer finish. Yes it is bad planning on their part. they should have planned the end of the event to coincide with the end of the gree and rakghoul events. And as I said, I have a life outside this game I don't spend every waking minute playing the game, studying about the game, listening to webcasts about the game, or sitting on forums talking about the game. I get my couple hours a day a couple times a week, I have plenty of time to finish this event had all requirements been available until the deadline.

And as I said, I have a life outside this game I don't spend every waking minute playing the game, studying about the game, listening to webcasts about the game, or sitting on forums talking about the game. I get my couple hours a day a couple times a week, I have plenty of time to finish this event had all requirements been available until the deadline.

We *all* have lives outside this game so enough of people using this garbage excuse for not completing DvL (or anything else in the game) due to their own choices.

You could have done the Gree part (defeat 50 Gree Droids with any DvL character) in less than 20 minutes during any one of the week-long times the Gree event was active. This is bad planning on YOUR part, nobody else's.

At the end of November DvL will have been on for five months. Five. Months. Every event has been run multiple times. You had plenty of time to get everything done. You didn't need to "spend every waking minute". What *you* should have done is realized that the time-limited events should have taken priority over leveling 8 characters which could be done at any time during DvL but common sense seems to be a rare thing these days. I guess it's much easier to blame everyone else than it is to just to look in the mirror.

And what would you have done if you left a few operations until the last few days and couldn't get a group together to do them? Is that "bad planning on their part" also?

TL;DR - Don't blame "bad planning on their part", it's bad planning on YOUR part.

Edited by PetFish

Yeah, you should've prioritized in getting the "easy" part for they can only be done in limited time events. When I was thinking of going after Legendary tier I looked for the time whenever they are being scheduled and got into them quickly whenever they're up. I've thought crafting and the eight classes can be done anytime so I put em in my lowest priority albeit still important.

I'm sorry that you've missed the events. Maybe better planning next time?