Eric Mosco talking about CXP

I]Yes, there will be a weekly cap. However this cap is not being put in place to halt or slow progression in anyway. The purpose of the cap is a safeguard should some exploit or bug crop up which allows people to gain CXP in an unintended way. I can assure that cap will be really, really high![/i]

Eric if for example a group goes into Dread Palace, and on Bestia decide to kill the trash mobs until enrage, /stuck or die, would this constitute an exploit

The use of macros violates the terms and conditions. People like you are exactly those because of whom they inserted a cap.

Not if you have swtor keyboard :)

They cant possibly ban the features on a product that has their stamp of approval on it. Would by hypocritical wouldn't it?

Edited by Xcurtx

Not if you have swtor keyboard :)

They cant possibly ban the features on a product that has their stamp of approval on it. Would by hypocritical wouldn't it?

Yet they did. They especially clarified that it's still against the tos if you use makros. I'm just too lazy to search for that statement now :)

I was thinking about EV, the way to Gharj. It's full of champions, isn't it? (not sure, long time)

So, kill mr. robot, get to Gharj, leave, reset, get to Gharj, leave, reset... :D Sure, you spend some time in loading, but you don't pay moneyz for /stuck :)

Also that would be loved by scavengers and bio-analysts :D

I was thinking about EV, the way to Gharj. It's full of champions, isn't it? (not sure, long time)

So, kill mr. robot, get to Gharj, leave, reset, get to Gharj, leave, reset... :D Sure, you spend some time in loading, but you don't pay moneyz for /stuck :)

Also that would be loved by scavengers and bio-analysts :D

TFB would be better imo. Trash before the first pull is all elite+ and in a great quantity. so should give a lot of cxp

Dread Masters NiM. Simply push Brontes into her 50% phase and stay alive as long as possible. Each Tentacle probably gives cxp, since they award normal xp and social points as well(one of the fastes ways to level up social level, a couple wipes and I had social X :D) Edited by Torvai

Dread Masters NiM. Simply push Brontes into her 50% phase and stay alive as long as possible. Each Tentacle probably gives cxp, since they award normal xp and social points as well(one of the fastes ways to level up social level, a couple wipes and I had social X :D)

When you can survive this long you probably don't need to farm the CXP :D

Dread Masters NiM. Simply push Brontes into her 50% phase and stay alive as long as possible. Each Tentacle probably gives cxp, since they award normal xp and social points as well(one of the fastes ways to level up social level, a couple wipes and I had social X :D)

The huge trash pull before Brontes comes to mind too

Yeah, but to farm this, you'd have to reset the instance again and again. For other possibilities, like Bestia, you just have to type /stuck and pull again^^

I still think TFB would be best. Just farm mobs without killing the portals 24/7

[EDIT]

I'm a little biased actually. Playing CB1 of RO and you know how it is in korean/chinese mmos

Edited by Tsetso

Eric if for example a group goes into Dread Palace, and on Bestia decide to kill the trash mobs until enrage, /stuck or die, would this constitute an exploit

No, I think what he means by that is that if the devs forgot a decimal place and suddenly an activity gives 10x or 100x as much as is intended, then the devs have enough time to fix it without having to worry about people getting hundreds of crates. I don't think they'd ban people for farming CXP; since there is a weekly limit you probably can't exploit to the point where the devs need to punish you.

Anyway, my guild already decided weeks ago to run DP SM first thing after 5.0 maintenance; Bestia is the fastest way to get to level 70, and then we can immediately find out how much CXP those monsters give. If it's not enough, we'll just clear the raid and move onto the next thing that gives points (flashpoints, uprisings, heroics, dailies). I'm anxious to see if a 6-minute Star Fortress speedrun, or a 10-minute BoI run will get more points than a NiM operation because I expect the flashpoint rewards to be tuned for 30/45-minute playthroughs.

We could even go back to the early conquest days before BoI was fixed, where you had stealthers running to the last boss, and then three players would rotate in whenever a stealther was at the final boss. Though I fear that won't be possible anymore because Velasu Graege and Drinda-Zel can no longer be skipped. We'll see.

I know BW wants us to play through the story, but under pressure to get good gear for the raid group, we'd rather not spacebar through the new chapters and will save those for when we have more time.

In any case, keep in mind that any time spent leveling is wasted. You get 0 CXP from 65-69, so the longer it takes you to level up, the more CXP you lose. I heard some players want to level with heroics but that will take hours - with the XP armor from DvL, Bestia's monsters should get you to 70 in 15-30 minutes.

Didn't they patch this some time ago? That there don't spawn endless waves of mobs, because people exploited that for credits/deco?

Yes, TFB is not good for farming. The trash before Brontes is better but like someone said, you need to leave instance to reset. Bestia's monsters are best.

Edited by Jerba

Yeah, but to farm this, you'd have to reset the instance again and again. For other possibilities, like Bestia, you just have to type /stuck and pull again^^

I don't have that much money, so I am inclining towards resetting phase. But that's just my personal problem, if our group pays me for repairs I'll be stucking Bestia with no problems.

Both ways have their pros/cons.

The use of macros violates the terms and conditions. People like you are exactly those because of whom they inserted a cap.

LoL, you are so funny. Besides, outcome is same either one nolife grinds same elite mobs 24/7 till he reaches weekly cap or it is macroed. I don't use macros in a way that they violates TOS. As in one macro does multiple different things and If I remember right, those kind of macros are forbidden but macro that does only one thing are allowed.

And anyway, I know few people that did those boring kill 1500 X mob -achievements with macros and nothing happened to them. There are even people who keeps getting subscriber CC every month althou they stopped subbing almost year ago.

Great management by BW.

LoL, you are so funny. Besides, outcome is same either one nolife grinds same elite mobs 24/7 till he reaches weekly cap or it is macroed. I don't use macros in a way that they violates TOS. As in one macro does multiple different things and If I remember right, those kind of macros are forbidden but macro that does only one thing are allowed.

And anyway, I know few people that did those boring kill 1500 X mob -achievements with macros and nothing happened to them. There are even people who keeps getting subscriber CC every month althou they stopped subbing almost year ago.

Great management by BW.

i have a friend (not gonna name him ofc) who does not have sub for over 2 years now and he still is technically a sub gets his monthly cc and everything.

Broken system is broken.

Just because everybody else is breaking the law it isn't less illegal. We really shouldn't discuss how violating the terms of service could be used to exploit the coming loot system, especially not in the game or forum. This is about as smart as planning a terrorist attack on Facebook.

Even if the game is promoting the use of macros in any of its aspects, this is not the right place to talk about it.

@Deaconik: Huh. I thought we were trying to maximise GCX, my bad.

Edited by lcharas