Influence granted for companions when crafting or sending out on missions.....

LordArtemis

I would like to suggest a way to ease the rather brutal grind, IMO, that comes with leveling up companion influence, especially considering the proposed changes to gifts in 5.0....

1) Grant a very small amount of influence, say 10 points for every grade of quality for crafted items that are completed.

2) Grant a small amount of influence, on a scale of course, for sending out a companion on a mission when that mission is a success. The amount would be determined by level of mission and whether or not the mission had a critical payout.

I think both would go a long way toward removing some of the bite with respect to leveling companions.

I would like to suggest a way to ease the rather brutal grind, IMO, that comes with leveling up companion influence, especially considering the proposed changes to gifts in 5.0....

1) Grant a very small amount of influence, say 10 points for every grade of quality for crafted items that are completed.

2) Grant a small amount of influence, on a scale of course, for sending out a companion on a mission when that mission is a success. The amount would be determined by level of mission and whether or not the mission had a critical payout.

I think both would go a long way toward removing some of the bite with respect to leveling companions.

Gifts will be easier to acquire in 5.0 since you can buy them with credits and if you're concerned about the gift prices then you can run the chapters that have the companion whose influence you want to increase.

I support this.

How boring it is to clickfest spam your companion with 546467354354 gifts to increase influence.

With crew skill missions, at least there is something useful they do and there is an incentive to use your 7-100th otherwise idle companion.

Wasn't this already in the game at one point? Faintly remember something like this.

• 1 month later...
I support this.

How boring it is to clickfest spam your companion with 546467354354 gifts to increase influence.

With crew skill missions, at least there is something useful they do and there is an incentive to use your 7-100th otherwise idle companion.

Wasn't this already in the game at one point? Faintly remember something like this.

Absolutely.

And considering that only one original companion can benefit from flashpoints, I think that we need an alternate source of in-game influence generation to supplement gifts.

I'm for this. It seems impossible to completely get a companion's influence up. The highest I've gotten is 36 and that's WITH buying way too many gifts and spamming them.

It certainly does seem to be a bit too much overall to level up companions at this point. Getting crystals to purchase gifts was one thing, but now it is in a rather silly state IMO.

I understand some folks concerns about overpowered companions if there were other forms of influence granted...but I might counter that there are DOZENS of companions to choose from, and only 8 possible send-outs with respect to max crafting.

it is certainly reasonably easy to avoid leveling your preferred companions for questing use and still level others for crafting purposes only.