Why do YOU play STAR WARS: The Old Republic?

Stultophobe

Blasphemy and spoiler warning on KOTOR:

I didn't even like KOTOR very much, didn't even get to finish it.

Haven't even started KOTOR2, I heard it was broken and buggy in so many ways (I know there was a restoration patch by the community, but I couldn't care less to look for it and patch).

The 'big story twist' was spoiled for me on the internet, before I could get there in the game (yes, I was poor when it came out and I couldn't afford it at release). I hated the almost first person perspective and only one companion (previous loved bioware games were isometric and 5 companions). My character was a female, for some reason Bioware decided for SWTOR that Revan should be male.

So I love SWTOR despite KOTOR, lol!

I misread that spoiler and thought Revan was still out there and I'd have to fight them. I love KOTOR but I needed to maintain separate universes for them in my head, so two different forks in the road. But no, I misread it badly enough that I was still in the dark until I ruined my first playthrough by going to Manaan and not talking to the right Selkath first. So I died exiting the base again, again and again and was forced to start from step one I had no other save files. On the bright side, I did figure out that turning off the grass made Dantooine playable on my Vista laptop the next go round.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here for the story mostly at this point. Course I haven't logged into SWTOR since Legion dropped. Sooooo...

And this is why it makes sense that SWTOR allows people to play only story. They know they can`t compete against Legion. So people who are here for Star Wars can still stay, but people who play Legion can visit this game to play story, and pay something as they do that.

You could not play this game and Legion at the same time if this game would reguire heavy grinding and time investing. But you can play this game and legion at the same time becouse focus on this game is more towards casuals.

And this is why it makes sense that SWTOR allows people to play only story. They know they can`t compete against Legion. So people who are here for Star Wars can still stay, but people who play Legion can visit this game to play story, and pay something as they do that.

You could not play this game and Legion at the same time if this game would reguire heavy grinding and time investing. But you can play this game and legion at the same time becouse focus on this game is more towards casuals.

yeah but this story is not worth 15 bucks, you are better off buying other good BW games for that money. Pointing at Dragon Age...

Edit: Also skyrim special edition is also out (i know it is from Bethesda studios)

Edited by Xcurtx

yeah but this story is not worth 15 bucks, you are better off buying other good BW games for that money. Pointing at Dragon Age...

Edit: Also skyrim special edition is also out (i know it is from Bethesda studios)

I'm far too sick of Fantasy Genre to play even great Fantasy games.....I'm waiting on ME:A but with EA in the picture I have my doubts the game will live up to ME:1 which was the best one by far...the other two were just trimmed down versions of ME:1 with graphic upgrades....

Games ME:2 and 3 were Downgraded regarding writing and customization....

Once EA hits the scene its about how to do less, invest less, and make more money...with little to no maintenance....

AKA the death of complex game design.....Here is your treadmill enjoy.....oh and we will be billing you monthly plus while you are on the treadmill be sure to visit out ingame store....we update it regularly, unlike the game content......

Edited by Soljin

For some reason Dragon Age Inquisition was boring for me. Maybe i like this just becouse it is Star Wars. Does not matter why i like it more as long as i do.

For some reason Dragon Age Inquisition was boring for me. Maybe i like this just becouse it is Star Wars. Does not matter why i like it more as long as i do.

That was just an example, there is literally a ton of games out there which have stories far superior to the ones you get here.

That was just an example, there is literally a ton of games out there which have stories far superior to the ones you get here.

I know. But for one reason or another, i just don`t enjoy story in them as much or i have played trough them. Maybe i would love Witcher if it would be Star Wars. But i am just not interested in it, maybe becouse of the setting.

I know objectively there are better story games. But subjective opinion matters more than objective ones.

Edited by TheRomanRuler

I know. But for one reason or another, i just don`t enjoy story in them as much or i have played trough them. Maybe i would love Witcher if it would be Star Wars. But i am just not interested in it, maybe becouse of the setting.

I know objectively there are better story games. But subjective opinion matters more than objective ones.

u might want to check out this

Try shadowrun serie..its great . if you don't mind doing lot of reading .

Try shadowrun serie..its great . if you don't mind doing lot of reading .

Does not look like my kind of game. Story is not ONLY reason why i play SWTOR. SWTOR just is decent game that i like and what keeps me here is Star Wars story. That is neither Star Wars or my kind of game. I can´t customise my stronghold in that, or immerse myself in that universe as well.

Story + setting + some other stuff just is reason why i play this instead of WoW. It is not why i play this or Random XY

Edited by TheRomanRuler

Does not look like my kind of game. Story is not ONLY reason why i play SWTOR. SWTOR just is decent game that i like and what keeps me here is Star Wars story. That is neither Star Wars or my kind of game. I can´t customise my stronghold in that, or immerse myself in that universe as well.

Story + setting + some other stuff just is reason why i play this instead of WoW. It is not why i play this or Random XY

well if its decorating that you are looking for and star wars u might wanna try the remakes of star wars galaxies. The housing there was superior to strongholds here. it is also star wars. graphics are not good but content makes up for it. It is also a sandbox with planet size planets.

Really not surprised at how many people said story.

For me, I'm going to play an MMO. It's a dying genre, but it's my favorite kind of video game. The two reasons I play this MMO instead of some other one are:

1.) Cool companions

2.) I like playing literally every kind of advanced class, and I like most of them in PvP.

The PvP in this game is not exceptional, but it's a lot better than most MMO's. And when I try other MMO's what I notice is that I just don't like most of the classes much. In SWTOR, every advanced class has at least one spec I enjoy playing.

well if its decorating that you are looking for and star wars u might wanna try the remakes of star wars galaxies. The housing there was superior to strongholds here. it is also star wars. graphics are not good but content makes up for it. It is also a sandbox with planet size planets.

But it does not have story :D Or at least it does not have as good story - and i am not interested in playing something that is officially shut down.

I don´t want to switch between games to experience specific mechanics. I want as much all in one as possible. And SWTOR is best we have. It is Star Wars, it has strongholds, it has customisation, it has role playing, it has story, it has voice acting, it has acceptable combat and so forth.

Edited by TheRomanRuler