The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Violet skin for twi'lek!

Johrun

• 1 year later...
Will never happen, sadly. For some reason Bioware hates twi'leks as well as zabraks and rattataki. These species have never received anything since the start. As for the latter it's at least quite reasonable bc you barely see any rattataki in the game, but again, even they would be more popular if the devs could actually care.

Will never happen, sadly. For some reason Bioware hates twi'leks as well as zabraks and rattataki. These species have never received anything since the start. As for the latter it's at least quite reasonable bc you barely see any rattataki in the game, but again, even they would be more popular if the devs could actually care.

Untrue, Charles Boyd confirmed multiple times that new customization options for the Twi'lek are incoming. There are supposedly however problems with the design/coding of the playable race which makes it very difficult for the devs to add new customization options. They're working on it and Mr. Boyd admitted himself on Twitter that it all takes so long/is so difficult is ludicrous. Rest assured, new customization options for the Twi'lek are coming.

Untrue, Charles Boyd confirmed multiple times that new customization options for the Twi'lek are incoming. There are supposedly however problems with the design/coding of the playable race which makes it very difficult for the devs to add new customization options. They're working on it and Mr. Boyd admitted himself on Twitter that it all takes so long/is so difficult is ludicrous. Rest assured, new customization options for the Twi'lek are coming.

I suppose you wouldn't lie to a fellow forum member. So can you please point me to the exact post where mr. Boyd or anybody from dev team said something like that? Because i just went through his twitter acc down to spring 2017 and there's no mention of such things AT ALL.

Charles is a writer, not a graphic artist, so don't assume he has more than a superficial knowledge of what he is talking about. Unless they did something very silly with data storage, changing the color a Twi'lek's skin shouldn't be any more involved than changing the color of a Chis's skin, which they have already done. It is the face shape that is more difficult to change for some species over others.

I suppose you wouldn't lie to a fellow forum member. So can you please point me to the exact post where mr. Boyd or anybody from dev team said something like that? Because i just went through his twitter acc down to spring 2017 and there's no mention of such things AT ALL.

Sure! Lemme put down a few links for you where Charles Boyd talks about it :)

About the issues with the Twi'lek texture/design he talks about in this stream, I searched it for you and hopefully it's correctly time stamped to directly cut to that moment:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/306300086?t=00h10m20s

There are a lot of tweets so I can imagine you might have missed these, hopefully I cleared it up for you!

Charles is a writer, not a graphic artist, so don't assume he has more than a superficial knowledge of what he is talking about. Unless they did something very silly with data storage, changing the color a Twi'lek's skin shouldn't be any more involved than changing the color of a Chis's skin, which they have already done. It is the face shape that is more difficult to change for some species over others.

Mr. Boyd explains it better in the stream video than I do, so please watch it if you want a clearer explanation :)

Edited by Ylliarus

True, but I like that he actually answers. I've never gotten an answer from the other staff on Twitter. That said, I do hope they can make some neat improvements. I'd love purple skin, and also scarlet/red skin in a brighter hue than we currently have. Also having lekku decos would be nice. :)

snip

Well it sure does sound like everything is screwed up! The only thing my husband could come up with is that the original programmer didn't anticipate adding more options later and restricted the database size to only hold the minimum amount of data. (If I understood what he was telling me!) Further ( if I understood correctly) it would take a real programmer to fix that, something that Bioware seems to have on very short supply.

True, but I like that he actually answers. I've never gotten an answer from the other staff on Twitter. That said, I do hope they can make some neat improvements. I'd love purple skin, and also scarlet/red skin in a brighter hue than we currently have. Also having lekku decos would be nice. :)

Charles Boyd has asked a big load of questions of mine on Twitter actually. I was asking lore questions for the Darth Malgus and Star Forge RP communities and he responded to quite a few! I made a thread on the Darth Malgus RP Enjin forums where they are all compiled if you're interested:

https://malgus-rp.enjin.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/46474106/id/31921852-ryssius-question-answer-thread-replies-from-charles-boyd

Well it sure does sound like everything is screwed up! The only thing my husband could come up with is that the original programmer didn't anticipate adding more options later and restricted the database size to only hold the minimum amount of data. (If I understood what he was telling me!) Further ( if I understood correctly) it would take a real programmer to fix that, something that Bioware seems to have on very short supply.

I think that was the case, from the sound of Charles Boyd's reply. I do hope they'll be able to circumvent the issue and eventually add new customization options like violet skin and yellow Sith eyes for Twi'lek!

Edited by Ylliarus

• 2 weeks later...
Sure! Lemme put down a few links for you where Charles Boyd talks about it :)

Mr. Boyd explains it better in the stream video than I do, so please watch it if you want a clearer explanation :)

Thank you, now i see. Well at least twi'leks will have their moment of happiness.

As a kinda zabrak crusader i just hope they are working on some options for them too.

Thank you, now i see. Well at least twi'leks will have their moment of happiness.

As a kinda zabrak crusader i just hope they are working on some options for them too.

Amen. Zabraks have also gone far too long without updates. I have a decent chunk of toons who are Zabraks and I am more than ready for new options.