Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New Expansion lvl increase changes

Nemesixx

Hey there! As a not so cinsistent swtor player, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the upcoming KOTET expansion... Firstly I wanted to know whether we got the rewards for being premium on the release day of KOTET or sometime before? Also, I recently wanted to upgrade the gear on my lvl 65s and as this demands a lot of farming time and a lot of credits in the case of augment slots, I just wanted to know whther or not there would be a level increase for the Augment Slot for which now is MK-9 I believe, if so I will wait before spending all my money, and I also wanted to know whther there would be some commendation gear upgrade in the sense that after KOTET is launched, 220 gear will not be Radiant Commendations but Glowing instead and be replaced by 224 or something? This is rather stupid but I just cannot spend millions to get my 4 lvl 65s up to max gear, so I would really love it if you guys had any insight.

Thank you in advance

• Unless you are swimming in money don't augment your gear. There will probably be an MK-10, but no one knows yet.
  • All tokens etc are being converted to something else, maybe credits. Tokens will no longer be the currency to gear up
  • I suggest you don't go crazy gearing up now unless you enjoy the process. You only really need gear for HM/NiM content anyway.

Subscriber rewards will be delivered at KotET launch.

Tokens will be converted to credits, at various rates. The conversion rates are posted in this thread. Note the credit limit for conversions. If you have a lot of WZ comms and/or Data Crystals, spend them before Nov 29th. If you have more than 2 million credits worth, you will lose the excess.

Since they are taking the crystals out of the game, you won't be buying gear with crystals.

Ah, they're getting rid of crystals? I have been stockpiling them for gear.
Best use them to get what gear you can, before Nov 29th.

Or hope that the conversion will still allow you to buy same amount of equivalent gear with the credits you will get. And then total up the value of all your crystals and WZ comms, and make sure it's less than 2 million credits, or spend them down below 2 mill credits worth before Nov 29th. Because anything over 2 million will be lost.

I don't think buying high level gear now will be cost effective. Soon you will be able to get that gear just for leveling up. Try to find something else to spend your surplus crystals on, gifts for example. Edited by Dragondog

Hey there! As a not so cinsistent swtor player, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the upcoming KOTET expansion... Firstly I wanted to know whether we got the rewards for being premium on the release day of KOTET or sometime before? Also, I recently wanted to upgrade the gear on my lvl 65s and as this demands a lot of farming time and a lot of credits in the case of augment slots, I just wanted to know whther or not there would be a level increase for the Augment Slot for which now is MK-9 I believe, if so I will wait before spending all my money, and I also wanted to know whther there would be some commendation gear upgrade in the sense that after KOTET is launched, 220 gear will not be Radiant Commendations but Glowing instead and be replaced by 224 or something? This is rather stupid but I just cannot spend millions to get my 4 lvl 65s up to max gear, so I would really love it if you guys had any insight.

Thank you in advance

1. Rewards are given at KOTET launch

2. As for upgrading gear there is no point now, just get 216/220 from SM HM ops and 224 from Prio ops, but only if you really need it for something like Eternal Championship or so, since there really is no point since in one month you will have new gear. Gear requires no credits, you get it from Operations, which are free if you are a sub.

3. Dont bother augmenting now, since there will be MK-10 slots in 5.0

4. Commendations (crystals) are being removed in 5.0 you will be getting gear by doing everything in game (dailies, heroics, uprisings, ops etc) so getting gear will be free and easy in KOTET, it will only require farming long hours.

5. You wont be able to buy any gear from vendors, only gear till lvl 70. At level 70 you get gear from Galactic Command.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.