No servers on list

Kalawalskie

I just bought a monthly subscription tonight, oct 25th,2016. I went to access the game and it crashed on launch. i used the force verification as stated on a forum post and it fixed it, however i now have no servers on the list. my first thought was that it was the firewall. so i checked that it was allowed to pass through windows firewall. i also deleted the entry, confirmed the changes, and then readded the star wars the old republic entry in the firewall.after 3 hours of looking up the issue, and reinstalling the game(after deleting both the game and remaining folders) with a clean install, i still had the issue. i decided to try to see if i would see servers if the firewall was off. still no servers. i'm pretty sure i've tried every technique on these forums. i have also restarted my computer 3 times. Can anyone else figure out what is wrong?

I just contacted support and went through a few steps there which included restarting the computer with no other start up programs. i have reset my modem. i have McAfee Antivirus(its technically the family computer, but i use it) with real time scanning off.(it tends to affect other games: civ 5, borderlands 2 etc.)

it does seem to have happened after patching the game yesterday, the 25th.

The issue of not being able to connect to servers persists. the server selection screen is still blank.

Thanks for trying to help @Darcor,

I have not did this test. i'm getting 30ms average, so it seems my computer can connect to the server, but for whatever reason the game client cannot connect to the game server. i did get a refund for my sub today, so im not super worried anymore. it happened when i patched, so maybe next patch that comes through will set the files right(like next week?)? repairing fixed the start up crash. since i uninstalled and installed im going to let it finish installing, check, then if still nothing i will run a repair on the new installation. im also going to check mcafee for updates. i will repost after i have tried these again if i still am experiencing issues, or if it fixed it.

if anyone can think of anything else that might fix this, please do speak. it seem to be only m e experiencing it. i love technology, so if im posting it's got me stumped.

I I went through some tricks with phone support earlier. the only thing we do know for sure is its not the firewall.

I was thinking possibly the update didnt work with some setting in mcafee.

I might be able to access the game through my laptop as a last resort, but a 5 year old store bought hand-me-down laptop is not going to give the same experience as a custom built desktop that can run the game on max settings.

Anyways, thanks ahead for anyone who can find something i haven't tried, and anyone who tries to help.

for the test i just did heres my results. i do not know if this information is useful at all.

Tracing route to 159.153.92.28 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 3 ms 3 ms 2 ms ***

2 17 ms 21 ms 16 ms 96.120.18.169

3 18 ms 17 ms 19 ms xe-9-0-0-32767-sur01.warrenton.va.richmond.comcast.net [68.85.71.201]

4 26 ms 21 ms 23 ms ae-22-0-ar02.staplesmllrd.va.richmond.comcast.net [68.86.125.229]

5 31 ms 29 ms 27 ms et-20-0-0-0-0-ar02.charlvilleco.va.richmond.comcast.net [162.151.59.1]

6 29 ms 32 ms 28 ms be-21508-cr02.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.53]

7 * * * Request timed out.

8 * * * Request timed out.

9 28 ms 33 ms 33 ms 4.79.23.202

10 39 ms 27 ms 31 ms 159.153.92.28

Trace complete.

Edited by Kalawalskie
felt i should add my test results, rather than add a second post