The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Vanguard Enters the fray

JediShadowAres

Hello there all i have recently started playing a vanguard and so far im enjoying the class. I decided to roll as a Plasmatech Vanguard as a friend said it was one of the better specs for leveling. But i was wondering what crew skills to take and what would be a good Armor set to use. I hope you all have a blessed day and happy hunting to you all.

Hello there all i have recently started playing a vanguard and so far im enjoying the class. I decided to roll as a Plasmatech Vanguard as a friend said it was one of the better specs for leveling. But i was wondering what crew skills to take and what would be a good Armor set to use. I hope you all have a blessed day and happy hunting to you all.

Well the best armor set for levelling is the DvL Armor that gives you a 50% XP boost, but other than that the crew skill depends on what you plan on doing for your levelling and how you intend to end-game. Other than that, a set of armor that you like the look of is what to go for as almost everything is moddable nowdays and the mods for armor are very easy to get.

E.g. doing flashpoints? Get crew skills that help you with the shortcuts (only ones I can think of right now are Archeology/Slicing)

doing PvP? Go Biochem and its supporting skills for self-made stimpacks.

Wanting to make a lot of money? Grab crew skills to make augment kits.

I am also a plasma tech vanguard. I just hit level 65 a couple days ago. At the moment I'm using cyber tech, scavenging, and underworld trading. I am wondering how I gain the ability to make much more powerful mods than I currently can make? If the answer is to reverse engineer as much as I can, what would you guys recommend that I craft in order to R.E it?

I also have a question about which skill tree I should focus on as a DPS player. Since I hit level 65 I have maxed out the current tree that im on but if I want to switch will all of my progress on my current one be completely lost if I decide to come back to it in the future?

I am also a plasma tech vanguard. I just hit level 65 a couple days ago. At the moment I'm using cyber tech, scavenging, and underworld trading. I am wondering how I gain the ability to make much more powerful mods than I currently can make? If the answer is to reverse engineer as much as I can, what would you guys recommend that I craft in order to R.E it?

I also have a question about which skill tree I should focus on as a DPS player. Since I hit level 65 I have maxed out the current tree that im on but if I want to switch will all of my progress on my current one be completely lost if I decide to come back to it in the future?

To get better schematics for mods, you have to go into an operation, kill the boss, get the token, then rip the mod out of the piece of gear you get from the token, then Reverse Engineer it. That will give you better mod schematics.

As for what happens when you respec - all your effort put into your current tree isn't wasted. In fact, its 100% refunded and automatically assigned when you choose your alternative spec. E.g. you want to go from Plasmatech to Tactics? When you choose tactics, you'll have every passive and also 7 utility points to assign.

As for which is better - Tactics is better burst/mobility, Plasmatech is better AoE, and they're about even on damage output.

This may sound like a stupid question but I have never done any ops. These are raids that require multiple people right? If so, as a max trooper where should I go to get into this. As in, where do i queue up at? Thank you for your reply. I have learned more on these forums than anywhere else and everyone is so helpful! I got into this game just to check it out and ended up really falling in love with it. The community is absolutely the best of any game that i have EVER played. Also, this is by far the most in-depth MMORPG that I have ever played as well.

This may sound like a stupid question but I have never done any ops. These are raids that require multiple people right? If so, as a max trooper where should I go to get into this. As in, where do i queue up at? Thank you for your reply. I have learned more on these forums than anywhere else and everyone is so helpful! I got into this game just to check it out and ended up really falling in love with it. The community is absolutely the best of any game that i have EVER played. Also, this is by far the most in-depth MMORPG that I have ever played as well.

There are 2 ways to get into an operation. Either someone will be forming it on fleet (they'll be saying something like LFG 1/2 tank, 1-4 heals, 1-10 dps [operation name] [sM/HM]), in which case you'd respond if they're looking for DPS and its an SM mode. This method, you have to go to the entrance of the operation itself to do it (Eternity Vault (EV), Karaggas Palace (KP), Explosive Conflict (EC), The Terror from Beyond (TFB) and Scum and Villainy (SnV) are found on the fleet, The Dread Fortress (DF) and The Dread Palace (DP) are found on Oricon, The Ravagers (Rav) is found in Rishi and The Temple of Sacrifice (ToS) is found on Yavin IV), and i'd also recommend sticking to EV/KP for your first couple of runs (there are a lot more mechanics in operations than in flashpoints, for example).

The alternative is to use group finder, which has a different operation every day - simply untick all the flashpoint options and it will queue you into the current operation. Though people tend to form a group on fleet and queue up that way anyway most of the time. Its important to note that you can only do each operation once per week, so once you have completed eternity vault you have to wait for the reset (which for me in Eastern Australia is Tuesday night 10-11pm depending on daylight savings) to do it again, though you can do all 9 operations every week.

Also important to note - everyone in the group will probably want some of the gear, so unless you get a really nice group of fully geared out people, you may end up with 0-1 set bonus pieces per run. It takes a while really. Its also important to note that going into a story mode operation gives you bolster, so as long as you have gear in every slot, you shouldn't worry about your gear screwing your teammates over.