Dark VS Light Event - SO CONFUSED

-Silver-

I'm returning to the game thanks to the awesome trailer for the upcoming expansion, and now I see that there's a really fun Diablo Seasons-esque event going on for amazing looking rewards. I have absolutely no idea how to start it though, and the majority of articles I find seem to be about a different kind of Dark vs Light thing that doesn't start until the next expansion is live (they tell me to check my Galactic Command tab to see how I'm progressing).

I have created a new character and leveled to 10, and they have a new icon on the character select screen separate from my old characters. Is that all there is to it? Is there anything I need to do in-game to get the event rolling or is it all automatic? I don't want to get to 25 with this character and miss the reward because I didn't start the event properly, having to reroll again if I want to take part in the event.

Thanks for reading, and I hope someone can explain this event for me better than Bioware has :o

Edited by -Silver-

The DvL event is for new characters only, yes. So your old toons cannot progress any of the event goals.

All you need to do to take part in the event is create new characters (no need to delete the old ones unless you are at the server's character limit), and start working through the event criteria. Your Legacy tab (I think, some one please correct if I am wrong about that :) ) should have a breakdown of the requirements for each level.

Thanks! Found the requirements in the Legacy tab as you said :D

Also, just seen that there are Dark vs Light packs on sale in the Store. Do we know if these are being removed when the event ends, or will they hang around afterwards as another way of obtaining these items? Really hoping they hang around.

Also be warned. You only get each achievement once. Do not try it on more than one character. Learned it the hard way.

You can do it on another server, though. Get the packs from the mailbox, but don't open them, then transfer the char to your home server. The second tier (level 50 + 3 solo flashpoints = 15 packs) is a good breaking point. Nice use for the free character transfer, and even 15 one-item packs for 1000cc is a good deal. For the same price you'd get 4 two-item packs from the cartel market. And you'll even earn 40 cartel coins in the process, when you do it on a new server.

Also, just seen that there are Dark vs Light packs on sale in the Store. Do we know if these are being removed when the event ends, or will they hang around afterwards as another way of obtaining these items? Really hoping they hang around.

The only items specific to those packs are the weapon tunings, everything else is also available from old packs that are re-released every once in a while and chance cubes that contain a random item out of everything ever released on the CM. So even if you don't get a complete set, chances are good that you can buy the rest on the GTN, and even for a reasonable price when you're patient.

Edited by Mubrak

Also be warned. You only get each achievement once. Do not try it on more than one character. Learned it the hard way.

Note though that some level requires you to have taken both a Republic and an Imp character to level 65. And the highest levels require you to level all eight classes (although you can do that with just one character slot by deleting and re-starting.

Edited by JediQuaker