Not so concerned about preferred stuff but RNG crates have got to go

Dr_Nex

The inability of preferred players to obtain BiS gear bothers me, sure, but I don't think it will be the end of the world. They will still be able to obtain non-set crafted gear of equivalent ratings. Sure, lack of set bonus will make them miss out on a few hundred DPS but not the end of the world.

I recognize that they will have problems paying for gear on the GTN, all I can suggest is getting in with a good guild, trading in rare materials, and/or crafting their own stuff.

Do I wish BW would reverse course on this (e.g. perhaps a lower limit of GC points or slower rate of GC points earned for Preferred players vs subscribers so they don't earn gear as fast but can still obtain it?). Yes. But I can live with it, even when I transition to preferred (which I will absolutely do if the RNG crates stay).

The RNG crates though are a total deal breaker. BW, listen to us, listen to the outcry. Give us tokens. Give us a list of gear to choose from. Don't give us a system where some poor schmuck is going to get (or could get) 12 bracers in a row.

Please, do not destroy this game with RNG gearing crates.

PS - I like having my sage wear tank gear. Don't take that option away from me.

Edited by Dr_Nex