Second time - Regrind for gear for what reason again?

TX_Angel

I haven't seen anyone point this specific issue out...

When 4.0 dropped, level cap went to 65, gear was raised, the grind was reset... but this time, for what? What exactly new content in 4.0 required 208/216/220 gear? Ops and HM FP? You mean exactly the same ones you were doing the week before in 162/168/180 gear?

Now 5.0 is coming, new gear is coming, you'll lose your "end game gear" again, level up to 70, for what? The same Ops and HM FP you've been running for 2 years? This will be the SECOND time you've had your "end game power" taken away, for no reason other than to keep you busy...

The single player story won't require any of it, so in short Bioware expects you to just level up 5 more levels, replace your gear again, doing what you have been doing for 2 years now.

This is "new content"? We're getting level 70 for what reason? I asked the question when 4.0 came out, why exactly could KotFE not have been released at level 60, what purpose other than grind was lvl 65 for?

I'll ask it again, what purpose does level 70 serve?

2nd time?

This is v5 - and its the 5th time we have had to relevel to 50 (it's just called 70 next) :rolleyes:

It's not 70. Don't forget that you need to level you command rank to probably at least 50 to even start getting the equivalent of today's 220 gear to enter NiM. Which would take an enormous amount of grind - my estimate is about the same as vanila 1-50 lvl.

It's not 70. Don't forget that you need to level you command rank to probably at least 50 to even start getting the equivalent of today's 220 gear to enter NiM. Which would take an enormous amount of grind - my estimate is about the same as vanila 1-50 lvl.

Don't forget the RNG nature of your gear drops which further exacerbates the grind and makes it take longer for raid groups to properly gear their players.

I'm pretty sure they've added 5 levels every year for the Fall / Winter expansions. That's just the way it is.

Many players expect a level increase with an expac.

Many players loathe a level increase with an expac.

Conclusion: there is no pleasing everyone.

In reality, it looks like they are sort of doing both a vertical AND a horizontal progression here with 5.0. You progress vertically to 70 and then you progress horizontally in GC.

Personally, when I stepped off the regular raid treadmill years ago, I also stopped pursing BiS itemizations as well. Since then, increased level cap has not really posed any frustrations for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.