Renames, Release Character Names

DewyMossEmpire

I've been following a character for almost 12 months now who has been inactive with a name that I'd like to transfer to their respective server. I think it is time to clean house & free up some names again.

I'd also like to suggest the bonus of 1 free character rename given to subscribers as the addition of a [space] within names has offered a lot more creativity with names, especially for names that had to initially be separated with a dash.

Stalker issues aside, what if that is someone's alt? A character they have got around to playing yet, because they are waiting to see what happens to companions in KotFE/KotET? Or just a crafting mule, that doesn't need to move, just gets logged on once a day to queue some missions?

Names obviously mean a lot to you - how would you feel if one of your characters suddenly lost their name?

Stalker issues aside, what if that is someone's alt? A character they have got around to playing yet, because they are waiting to see what happens to companions in KotFE/KotET? Or just a crafting mule, that doesn't need to move, just gets logged on once a day to queue some missions?

Names obviously mean a lot to you - how would you feel if one of your characters suddenly lost their name?

Groundless assumption issues aside, they're in my FL & I know for a fact they do not log in. It isn't difficult to figure out. If I didn't log into a character for nearly a year & their name suddenly vanished, I would notice & reclaim it. Because I'm an active player.

Groundless assumption issues aside, they're in my FL & I know for a fact they do not log in. It isn't difficult to figure out. If I didn't log into a character for nearly a year & their name suddenly vanished, I would notice & reclaim it. Because I'm an active player.

And why can't you add a space into your character's name when you transfer and find that someone else already has it? You say someone else should, but they were there first, and you suggested that they put a space in their character's name instead of you putting on in yours.

And why can't you add a space into your character's name when you transfer and find that someone else already has it? You say someone else should, but they were there first, and you suggested that they put a space in their character's name instead of you putting on in yours.

If they were there first & continued to be there, great. I wouldn't have anything to say.

If they were there first & continued to be there, great. I wouldn't have anything to say.

They were there first. End of sentence. That character is still there, so the existance of that character continues. So, sounds to me that that character fulfills both halves of your complaint.

Put a space in your transfering character's name. Problem solved.

Perhaps you cannot understand that there have been simple measures taken to know what the situation about the character in question actually is. It's pretty easy to get under your skin isn't it? I've given examples & explanations myself as to why this is a perfectly reasonable stance to take.

Sweeping past what creepy "measures" you have taken. I've given examples and an explanation as to why this could be someone's character. But because you want that one name, and it's unthinkable that you have to have anything else, we have to have a wipe of possibly millions of character names? Or did you think they would wipe that one character name and instantly gift it to you? What happens if you're not the only one who wants that name and you lose out again to someone sniping the name? Are you going to come back and cry again because you didn't get it?

Edited by CrazyCT

And I've given examples and an explanation as to why this could be someone's character. But because you want that one name, and it's unthinkable that you have to have anything else, we have to have a wipe of possibly millions of character names? Or did you think they would wipe that one character name and instantly gift it to you? What happens if you're not the only one who wants that name and you lose out again to someone sniping the name? Are you going to come back and cry again because you didn't get it?

Perhaps I will, if just to entice your swift keyboard stokes to come to the rescue. I'd forgotten how lovely the public forums of an MMO could be lol

It would help if you did not freely interchange the words 'demand' & 'suggest', as they have entirely different connotations. Suggestions need not be welcomed to implemented change, but a display of but a modicum of circumspect deportment from one whom wishes to respond is behooved, simply. Constructive criticism, in other words, rather than rambling & passive aggressive nonsense spouted from someone who disagrees so strongly that they see it fit to become an altercation rather than a conversation.

Holy crap, do you kiss your mother with that mouth? Pontification aside - "to implemented change"? "but a display of but a modicum"? Don't you have a little paper clip in the corner help write this for you?

And I used the word "demand" because you seem to be fighting pretty strongly for something you were merely "suggesting".

I disagree so strongly, because I don't want to see people lose the names of characters just because you're such a selfish player, you can't let them have it. If this game is looking to get players to return to the game, it will be that little bit harder after telling them that all their character names are gone because someone else thought they were more important than them and deserved the name more.

But I'm sure it'll all be worth it so you can have your little Ahsoka clone, without having to resort to using a space in the name or an 'ì' instead of an 'I'.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.