Old Veteran Returned

Wraithe_Oza

It's been quite a few years now, but I decided to give SWTOR another try. Since its been awhile, I've already started reading up with the assistance of the mounds of information available. However, I would like it if I could get some starting (restarting) help from the playerbase. Any information or help is massively appreciated. Here are some things about me:

1.I am a paying player, always was and always will be.

2.I have 7300 Cartel Coins banked. When I stopped playing, the Cartel thing was brand new. If I can get some direction on what to spend them on. On that note, I do have in my inventory a ton of purple items and such from back then. Is any of that stuff sought after?

3. I was (still am) a massive hoarder, I love crafting any many of my characters at the time were maxed out IIRC. Is crafting still around and any of the older items I may have still be worth hanging on to? I LOVE crafting in MMO's

4. I heard a rumor that there is player housing, I haven't read anything about it yet if there is. True? Is it a viable asset in the game?

That's just a bit, I have a lot more, but there is one thing to just read up on subjects, but I always value insights from the players more. Anyone care to update me?

-Thanks in advance

Well, even if I don't receive any replies, I want to publically thank Darren from customer service over across the pond. I kept him busy helping me get this ting back up and going. Awesome talents.

I was also told that my account was possibly tried to hack or it had someone fooling around. Glad you didn't succeed

It's been quite a few years now, but I decided to give SWTOR another try. Since its been awhile, I've already started reading up with the assistance of the mounds of information available. However, I would like it if I could get some starting (restarting) help from the playerbase. Any information or help is massively appreciated. Here are some things about me:

1.I am a paying player, always was and always will be.

2.I have 7300 Cartel Coins banked. When I stopped playing, the Cartel thing was brand new. If I can get some direction on what to spend them on. On that note, I do have in my inventory a ton of purple items and such from back then. Is any of that stuff sought after?

3. I was (still am) a massive hoarder, I love crafting any many of my characters at the time were maxed out IIRC. Is crafting still around and any of the older items I may have still be worth hanging on to? I LOVE crafting in MMO's

4. I heard a rumor that there is player housing, I haven't read anything about it yet if there is. True? Is it a viable asset in the game?

That's just a bit, I have a lot more, but there is one thing to just read up on subjects, but I always value insights from the players more. Anyone care to update me?

-Thanks in advance

There is "player housing", yes, called Galactic Strongholds (typically referred to as Strongholds or just SH). You can purchase up to 5 strongholds. Cost runs from as little as 5k credits or 50 Cartel Coins up to 2.5 million credits or 2500 Cartel Coins for the initial purchase. Once purchased, you can unlock additional rooms (or "expansions"), at prices ranging from as little as 10k credits or 100Cartel Coins, to over 2 million credits or over 2k cartel coins, depending on the stronghold and room.

The cheapest strongholds are Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. As mentioned, you can buy one of those for just 5k credits, or 50 Cartel Coins. The total cost to completely unlock all the rooms in either of them comes to just under 1.5 million credits, or 3550 Cartel Coins (that includes the initial purchase cost)

Costs for other strongholds (initial purchase cost and total to buy and fully unlock) are:

Nar Shaddaa: purchase 250k credits / 500 Coins; total 10.5 million credits / 11750 coins

Tatooine: purchase 2.5 million credits / 2500 coins; total 9.5 million credits / 10100 coins

Yavin 4: puirchase 2.5 million credits / 2500 coins; total 13 million credits / 11000 coins

Having one or more strongholds will be useful for you as a "hoarder", in that you can put a Legacy Storage terminal in your stronghold. This is a terminal much like the ones used to access your personal Cargo Hold, except that items in it can be accessed by all the characters n your Legacy. You can also add personal Cargo Hold and Guild Bank terminals to your stronghold(s).

You can also get several "vendor" decorations, which can be convenient for selling trash loot, and/or stowing stuff to sell or give to your alts later. You can use the strongholds page to travel to your stronghold from almost anywhere, sell stuff, drop stuff in your Cargo Hold or Legacy Storage, and then use the"exit button" to return to whatever planet, in the very same spot you were when you left.

If you are in a guild that does the weekly conquests, you can get a bonus to your conquest points by owning and fully "completing" (IOW decorating) strongholds. Having all 5 strongholds at 100% completion wil give you a 125% bonus on conquest objective points. You need to unlock all the additional rooms to be able to get a stronghold to 100% complete, so it can get pretty expensive, not just for the strongholds, but for all the decorations you need to place int them to get them to 100% complete (over 2800 decorations total across all 5 strongholds).

You can get a bit of a head start on the decorating (including getting a free Legacy Storage terminal) by doing the strongholds mission, from the "holo guy" on Fleet, or on Coruscant or Dromund Kaas. Each of your characters can do this mission at level 15, and it gives you a dozen or so basic decorations. The mission is "buy a stronghold and go visit it", but once you own one or more strongholds, your other characters can complete the mission by just traveling to any stronghold you own.

As far as the 7300 cartel coins you have, there are a wide variety of things you can spend them on.

I'd highly recommend unlocking all 3 levels of rocket boost, as well as the Quick Travel and Fleet Travel cooldown reductions if you haven't already. Subs have no wait time for Quick Travel!

Storage space in your inventory & cargo holds are always recommended, especially since you're a hoarder. Don't forget to do it account-wide!

That stuff alone will eat up your CCs pretty quick.

It's been quite a few years now ....

1. Keep paying. :)

2a. There are some perks that can be bought with CC. For instance, you can by a Stronghold and some decorations with CC. Possibly Rocket Boots (Legacy panel). Don't rush into spending your CC until you have more of an idea of what you might want.

2b. Since you can now use armor in an "outfit" without worrying about stats, some older armor pieces are still sought after (and there's also collectors).

3. I like doing some crafting. There's some armor pieces that can only be crafted. I don't know if you can make credits from it, though.

4. Yes, there is player housing. Go to the "Housing" section of the Fleet. There you will find a holo-statue and some Stronghold (SH) purchase terminals. Coruscant and D.K. are cheapest, but faction specific. Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, and Yavin 4 are more expensive, but open to both factions.

Before you buy an SH, talk to the holo-statue to get a small quest that gives you some basic decorations.

Then go to the various terminals and travel to some public SHs to get a look at how they are laid out. Then purchase the SH you like and travel there to complete the quest.

Getting a Stronghold is highly recommended.

Rather than write more now, I'm sure you will have more questions. Welcome back.

P.s I'm also a returning veteran. I returned about 2 years ago.

P.P.S - one of the best things about having a Stronghold is Legacy Storage. You get a couple of LS decos from that small SH quest.

Edited by JediQuaker

Still getting acclimated, there seems to be a whole lot more now than there was in the beginning. My only disappointment so far was having to rename a few characters. I spent some points on unlocking the Togruta (sp?) species, and browsing the market. I seem to have quite a bit of rare stuff that seems to be selling for millions of credits.

I wont have to worry about income, that's a bonus. I have a whole page in my vault thing with nothing but purple stuff I saved. Weapons, mounts ect.

Thanks again for the help and advice.

Hi

First things first, which server are you on? if you're on a low population server I'd suggest you use your CM coins for character transfers.

I think he should wait with this. Eric and others said that they will wait how expansion will fill servers, if not they will consider merge or transfer discount - possible like previous for 90cc.

Hi

First things first, which server are you on? if you're on a low population server I'd suggest you use your CM coins for character transfers.

Ebon Hawk

I started there because of the connection to the old standalone game I loved, plus there were roleplayers, and they are generally nicer to deal with.

I am a bit overwhelmed however, at the amount of things to do in game. I have some free things to make high level characters, but I want to hold off on that. I may just reroll and start as a noob, just to get a feel again, after all, 4 years is a long time in a game sense (I think it's 4 years /shrug)

Rocket boots all the way. Best thing to spend it on. If you prefer not to grind anything, but you require some credits you can buy a hypercrafte and sell it on the GTN.

Highly recommend Rocket Boots and whatever upgrades to make the CD shorter - also hotkey them to something easily in reach of your home row. Utilized a lot.

Also - I love the upgrades for the personal star ship - CD reduction on Starship / Fleet Pass / Quick Travel

If you get a stronghold - I recommend a neutral one to "sup up" so that both Republic and Empire toons of yours can enjoy it. Nar Shaddaa / Tattooine / Yavin

There is also a decent bundle for around 1000/1100 for Stronghold utilities (GTN / mailbox / guild bank / legacy bank / cargo hold) that helps very much.