Was "Kalikori" born in SWTOR?

TheBBP

It having the same name as a twilek settlement in SWTOR was probably just them giving another little nod to the KOTOR/SWTOR era stuff without actually making any of it real canon.

Right, which is why I was specifically talking about Kalikori as a term.

Now I think about it, it may be their way of trying to sort of "preserve the work" of legends SW lore, without straight up making large swathes of lore canon that they don't want to be official (or are not allowed to make official). I'm sure the decisions about what was designated legends was not agreed upon by everyone working on official SW projects and among those who work on it as a career, there are no doubt many who are big fans of stuff that is now legends material.

It was (the term, not village) brought into canon in the newest episode of Rebels. http://i.imgur.com/E8KzyhC.jpg

Was the Twi'Lek term "Kalikori" born in the lore of this game or does it have an earlier origin in Star Wars works?

I think the word itself pre-exists SWTOR (or, I ran across it one time unrelated to SWTOR). The word itself is something like "beginning" or "beginnings." For the life of me, though, I don't remember where; but it was during the SWG days when I was helping a town-mate work out a backstory for her Twi. There used to be an internet source that had lekku-motion-words and Ryl-words laying around somewhere. Although, the history bit I could have sworn was Keyshi (or somesuch), and not Kalikori as the episode listed.

According to Wookieepedia, the first mention of "Kalikori" is in SWTOR, for Kalikori Village. Kalikori is said to mean "beginnings" in the Twi'lek language. It makes sense to call a totem designed to record a family's history that way. In the game, we could say that the village itself is made to be a kalikori, a testament of that group of Twi'leks for the posterity, each generation adding to it. Or maybe that tradition appeared afterwards and was named after the village... If they ever wanted to explain something as trivial.

• 2 weeks later...
Lore wise no (that I know of).

Filoni is fond of adding little easter eggs from the old republic era in Rebels (the Hammerhead inspired cruisers from last season for example)

One reason I like Filoni. Too bad he isn't in charge of rebels anymore.

Filoni had a way of making the kid show entertaining for both mature and young audiences, and he brought some of the old republic into canon. With him not in charge anymore, I'm thinking the show will stay in " I feel too awkward watching this" land. Which is a real shame, because I thought the show was picking up with Ezra turning darkside, a bunch of ppl dying in the season 2 finale, the Darth Vader and Ahsoka fight.

Edited by cool-dude

One reason I like Filoni. Too bad he isn't in charge of rebels anymore.

Filoni had a way of making the kid show entertaining for both mature and young audiences, and he brought some of the old republic into canon. With him not in charge anymore, I'm thinking the show will stay in " I feel too awkward watching this" land. Which is a real shame, because I thought the show was picking up with Ezra turning darkside, a bunch of ppl dying in the season 2 finale, the Darth Vader and Ahsoka fight.

Pretty sure Filoni is still in charge, his new position is just includes all animated series rather than just Rebels.

Since the rumoured new series will probably be to Rebels what Rebels was to TCW, I wouldn't expect much changes.