The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HAIR within Hoods OR a Hood up/Down Toggle

NeoWolf

I don't know about everyone else, but I HATE the fact that when we have costumes with hoods up our hair essentially vanishes turning us into a baked bean in a blanket.

Even if it is just one style of visible for males and females I would like SOME hair to be visible when a hood is up so as to prevent characters looking ridiculous. The lack of any visible hair spoils SO MANY gorgeous costumes that have hoods.

And if we cannot have some visible hair then for the love of all thats holy give us the option to toggle a hood UP or DOWN.

Edited by NeoWolf

Hair within hoods, hair with hats, and hoods up/down toggling has been a key factor when I decide on looks for my characters and companions. It's enough of a thing for me to pass on certain gear that I normally would've snapped up in a heartbeat just because the lack of visible hair or unable to put a hood down looks awful.

When I've asked about this before to people more knowledgeable about coding with the game engine SWTOR uses, I've been told that they're limited by the engine's capabilities. It's sad if that's the case because in other MMOs my characters are able to show hair with hats or hoods and it looks perfect.

Hair within hoods, hair with hats, and hoods up/down toggling has been a key factor when I decide on looks for my characters and companions. It's enough of a thing for me to pass on certain gear that I normally would've snapped up in a heartbeat just because the lack of visible hair or unable to put a hood down looks awful.

When I've asked about this before to people more knowledgeable about coding with the game engine SWTOR uses, I've been told that they're limited by the engine's capabilities. It's sad if that's the case because in other MMOs my characters are able to show hair with hats or hoods and it looks perfect.

The facility for hood toggling must be there already though, as when you put a helm on an outfit with a hood that isn't a mask the hood vanishes. We just need to make that function manual and not helmet dependant.

With regard to hair in hoods being an engine limitation, I really hope not, hopefully someone from development can clarify for us if they see this thread as the baked bean in a blanket look really ruins hoods :(

I thought the whole Hat/Hair thing was a throwback to (at least) Dragon Age Origins where wearing a hat/hood (not from a mod) made your hair vanish? I have DA2 set to hide hoods regardless, so there's a toggle...

If I'm remembering rightly, with the Dragon Age games, it is something with the game engine and how the animations work with why the hats don't work with hair. That bothered me since there were some great looking hats available in DA:I that I'd love to have used but they look awful with that leather skullcap underneath.